It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New European Tour
Post #1 Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 315
Actually, this is an old event in disguise http://www.eurogofed.org/ecup/index.htm
The Pandanet Tour is now replaced by a new Cup event. The EGF has no sponsor for this event, but it wants to retain a tour. Therefore to generate a prizefund for the Cup, individual tournaments must pay to be in the European Cup.

I was wondering what people thought of this new event. It seems disappointing, but predictable, that the EGF was unable to find a sponsor for the tour. Will you think of joining the Cup?

PS: What happened to password recovery on this site

Post subject: Re: New European Tour
Post #2 Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:44 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 19
Was liked: 19
DGS: willemien
I was wondering about the points to placed description

a 6 round tournament only validates first 3 players see here so what if the points stream out to the 7th place (as with a level 5 tournament)

maybe you can only reasonably select the place with the MM score (so all players with a mm score of the winner minus 1 share the next (number of players with this score) places and then ruond up the points p to the next higher integer

Post #3 Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm 
Gosei

The first event in the tour had just 10 players :(

Post #4 Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:26 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 93
Was liked: 105
GD Posts: 600
Maybe it was too close after the go congress.

Post #5 Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:57 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 1087
GD Posts: 645
Universal go server handle: herminator
Javaness2 wrote:
The first event in the tour had just 10 players :(

Such a shame. Leksand is one of my favorite tournaments. Despite the 2000km drive, we been going there with a group of Dutch players for years now. Sadly, this year we couldn't make it. I guess many people feel they have seen Leksand already after the congress there in 2008, and are not willing to travel there again.

On September 10-11 there will be an ECup tournament in Delft, BTW. I've organized this tournament several times, and can highly recommend it. The venue is great. Low prices (coffee for 50 cents, soda for 1 euro, a bottle of beer for 1.50 and cheap food as well) and within easy walking distance of the old city center and the train station. And Delft is just a really beautiful city to visit:

http://www.goclubdelft.nl/en/tournament/2011

The last few years, there were 60-80 participants in the range 6 dan - 30 kyu, so anyone should be able to find some interesting opponents.

This post by HermanHiddema was liked by 2 people: gaius, stalkor

Post #6 Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:57 pm 
Gosei

I was taking a look at participation in the tour. So far we've had 7 tournaments, only 1 person has scored points in more than 1 event. Although the results from Istanbul, as recorded in the table, need checking :). At the moment, it looks like the tour is struggling a little to incite Go tourism.
On the bright side - is the prize fund about the same as last years?

Post #7 Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:30 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 36
5 of the 7 tournaments so far were level 1, giving very few points. I find it normal that they didn't excite any point hunters. Brussels, Goteborg, London, Amsterdam should be more interesting to see, for the tour points.

Istanbul is on EGD. Seems Lazar should get 3 points instead of one, and actually he did, and has 3 points in the total column but Ista column is somehow has a typo, showing 1.

Post #8 Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:36 am 
Gosei

My experience was that level 1 events would have usually picked up a Points hunter.
We will see what happens though. Bochum doesn't seem to have picked up a tourist either.
The Istanbul points don't seem to be allocated correctly, Ali should get six points, Then the next 3 players are all tied on MMS, so they should have 1.3 points each. Well, that's how it worked last year.

Code:
1 Jabarin Ali               5d IL  TAv   41   5    195  972   15+   11+    3+    2+    5+     
  2 Manojlovic Lazar          5d RS  KGRa  40   4    196  965    6+   10+    8+    1-   13+   
  3 Mitic Nikola              5d RS  NiSt  40   4    194  966   12+    7+    1-   20+    6+     
  4 Stankovic Mijodrag        5d RS  NiSt  40   4    193  965    9-   15+   12+    5+    7+   

Post #9 Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:20 am 
Gosei

13 events so far, another one about to be added, Csaba Mero is top with 3 places. There are 3 people, if I have read correctly, who have 2 places.