It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt, DDk tsumego
Post #121 Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:28 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
This position comes from one of the games where I could learn the most from:

Click Here To Show Diagram Code
[go]$$W Preposition
$$ | . X O , . . O X O ,
$$ | . . X O O . O X X .
$$ | . . X X . . . . . O
$$ | . . . . . O . x X O
$$ | . . O X . . . . .OX
$$ | . . X . . . . . . O
$$ | . . . X . O . O O ,
$$ | . . . . X O . . . O
$$ | . . . . . . . . X X
$$ | . . . . . . . . . .
$$ --------------------[/go]

Click Here To Show Diagram Code
[go]$$W After marked exchange
$$ | . X O , . . O X O ,
$$ | . . X O O . O X X .
$$ | . . X X . . . . . O
$$ | . . . . . O . X X O
$$ | . . O X . . . . .OX
$$ | . . X . . . . . . O
$$ | . . . X . O . O O ,
$$ | . . W B X O . . . O
$$ | . . . . . . . . X X
$$ | . . . . . . . . . .
$$ --------------------[/go]

:w40: White is unsure of where to play now.

:b74: The situation after this did confuse me :lol:

:b10: :b7: Whoops.

:b1: :b25:, Yes, you saw that correctly. Now white is losing.

:b1: :b59: best way to resign :lol:

Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #122 Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:46 am 
Lives in sente

Two newer games, one of them isn't so good a game but I hope it shows some of my weakest fundamentals.

The next one was very interesting. White made a mistake in the upper left, but the game itself was one where I'm not likely to be able to identify the mistakes.

It feels as if there may be a special heangma for white at move 53 (rather than just bumping at e15) that I haven't seen yet. Thanks for any suggestions you may have!
It's been a small hiatus in posts, mainly in the hope of correcting the most glaring fundamentals before posting new games :) :study:.

Last edited by Elom on Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #123 Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:40 am 
Lives in sente

two interesting games

The first game is one in which one side obtained most of nearly every corner, yet the balance didn't seem too shift to that side very much. It may not have been the best kifu, but there are still some grey areas left unattended. Some of my own kibitz about having no idea of what was going on is included.

In this second game, white tries to find a feel for handling weak groups, and fails spectacularly :) move 62 is a move I'm unsure of and 110 is the one where I have most regrets.

edit: m58 may have also been a waste.

Post #124 Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:53 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 37
Some comments on the first game

This post by Sennahoj was liked by: Elom

Post #125 Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:57 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 65
Universal go server handle: pluspy
Here are my comments on the first game.

Attachments:
Elom1.sgf [8.58 KiB]
Downloaded 1296 times

This post by OtakuViking was liked by: Elom

Post #126 Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:16 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3374
A couple of comments on the first game. :)

Edit: Added a couple of variations.

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.

This post by Bill Spight was liked by: Elom

Post #127 Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:26 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 187
Game 2. Try sometime a strategy of reinforcing your relatively weak groups, and attacking your opponent's relatively weak groups.

This post by Charles Matthews was liked by: Elom

Post #128 Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 am 
Lives in sente

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your insights on the game!

Sennahoj's comments on whether sacrificing the upper right was necessary was especially enlightening, because I had dismissed the possibility of a center strategy that included saving them, but the variation looked more effective than in the game.

The variations by Otakuviking and Bill Spight on the upper right and left where eye-opening, as I never considered the possibility of immediately using the aji in those areas.

Now I know why the wall was neutralised (white didn't extend... :lol: ) but when black invades on move 33, can white attach to the stone at q5 before manoeuvering to attack the q10 stone? (it somehow feels as if the awkward position means that it's difficult for white keep black weak enough to attack properly).

Move 54 might require some explaining :) after counting the score, it seemed that it would be difficult for white to accumulate the necessary amount of ground by playing normally, making 54 essentially an overplay-- it was expected that black will immediately punish white in the upper left and finish the game, but black followed after 54 (*relief*)

Post #129 Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:30 am 
Lives in sente

I decided to review my games from the Alan Turing main tournament, and this is the first one that finished. There where a few basic mistakes from both sides, the timidity from black in some situations surprising me while looking through the record afterwards.

Attachments:
2536444-174-dodofish-WindnWater-.sgf [2.9 KiB]
Downloaded 567 times

Post #130 Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:40 pm 
Lives in sente

Game 2:

Attachments:
2536445-189-WindnWater-wangz (1).sgf [3.82 KiB]
Downloaded 587 times

Post #131 Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:52 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 157
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
I've attached some comments to the second game:

Attachments:
windnwater vs wangz.sgf [5.16 KiB]
Downloaded 1247 times

This post by skydyr was liked by: Elom

Post #132 Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:47 am 
Lives in gote

Elom wrote:
Game 2:

The fighting goes wrong from :w32: onwards.

Firstly, the peep for :w32: is a special-purpose Go Seigen play: i.e. don't assume you can play it randomly and get an advantage. One to the left is more orthodox, but here I think neither is really appropriate. The cap at :w34: is OK, so play it at once.

Then :b35: is rather submissive. Hence you can treat :w34: as kikashi. White has a strong play at M8 to bear in mind. :w36: at G14 would at least be coherent.

:w40: expects too much: self-karami. Clearly :b41: is plain strong. Now you see why :w40: needed to be at :w42:. You have lost a tempo.

:w44: - getting shut in here is no good.

:w50: Ouch. Black has become thick (the cut at F15 for White looks like fantasy football). Playing out this corner now is like endgame, and will just make Black thicker.

:b83: I would say you have to try to kill this invasion. Of course the game is hard to count. :w86: looks like the wrong end to me.

So it turns out that the E7 and H7 fortification is not great shape. White was on the back foot. On the top side G19 rather than E19 changes the eye shape position plenty. (Of course E19 is the gambler's play.)

Post #133 Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:56 pm 
Lives in sente

First games of december

a game against darkfores1

Hitherto, the number of live games played in the last two months remained at three or less; it seemed that would be interesting to try a game with what was claimed to be one of the recent developments from Facebook, darkfores1. Naturally, I was quickly eliminated.

Post #134 Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:27 am 
Lives in gote

Elom wrote:
First games of december

a game against darkfores1

Hitherto, the number of live games played in the last two months remained at three or less; it seemed that would be interesting to try a game with what was claimed to be one of the recent developments from Facebook, darkfores1. Naturally, I was quickly eliminated.

:b27: I would play at Q2, consistent with Black's strategy on the lower side.

:b33: is probably mistaken direction. Fighting on the outside is more serious.

I would probably have played :w48: one to the right. Because there would be better options than :w58:. But what do I know? By :b71:, it is three weak black groups. Or four, if you count the lower right. So :b57: one point lower looks better, if uglier shape. :b67: looks too automatic, creating a "small gap". Black ends up one tesuji short of an exit on the lower side.

Post #135 Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:17 pm 
Lives in sente

Thank you for your interesting notes on the corner fight-- it actually never occurred to me how easily my opponents are able to create weak groups out of my stones. It seems like black is picking a fight for the sake of it (without giving a persuasive reason to fight). White had an easy opportunity at k4, for example.

This next game may be another example. I was hoping to play a nice game, and considering my current (poor) form, it was a reasonable answer to my query.

In the end, I couldn't do anything, but it was something to enjoy and learn from.

European Youth Online Go Team Championshps, 3rd round
Uk v Croatia,Serbia, Slovenia
b1

nb: it had been so long since I'd used kgs, it had set my rank to about 8? and multiple failed attempts against darkfores/aya to bring it to around four resulted in moving down to 10k. :)

Post #136 Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:57 am 
Lives in sente

Games from the London Open

Finally, here are my games from the London open last month. Two (or maybe one and a quarter, I should say) in this post, two in the next hopefully!

The first game was actually in round two, in which I began a failed attempt at recording the game using coordinates on lined paper, not wanting to have to rely on unimpressive memory to create the records. I managed about 7 moves.

My I thought (hoped) that this game may not be too embarrassing :), so we were privileged with having our game reviewed by Taranu Sensei. I sat sideways to the board, black mainly replaying the game. What was interesting was that, sitting from the perspective of the side of the go board rather than as one of the players in addition to insightful commentary, a small type of revelation occurred in which I saw white was consistently addicted to one reoccurring habit; here are the notes I can remember (it's possible that I've forgotten one or two).

Post #137 Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:13 pm 
Lives in sente

Despite being nearly two months, I thought it would be good to post my remaining two games of the London open.
One thing that was also apparent from the last game was that white almost seemed to try to imitate "pro" technique in a funny, misguided way-- I hadn't realised until then, that I may have be doing this for months and ending up with crazy games because of it. And it had seemed for the period of time leading up to the London open, my strength almost disappeared, my go being somehow lost.

After receiving something on the part of a revelation regarding habitual overplays, (however I recall being told similar before on L19, thinking about it) I went into the next game hoping to be less melodramatic in every move. I even thought I may have done so after the game; however, I once again plucked up the courage to have a pro review, and found more...

At the end of the second day, Taranu 5p gave a great lecture on opening theory, focused more so towards general direction of play, and feeling. While these were natural for even beginners to grasp, he noted that applying these concepts can often prove more challenging than expected!

I decided that I might be better to simply write down the black (my) moves instead, to save time. The last time I used an actual recording sheet, I failed to use it properly and thought it would be easier to write down the coordinates-- but that hasn't been completely easy during a game when you haven't practised it a lot. In fact, for some reason, I somehow thought this game would be easy to recall from memory compared the other games I'd played after we'd played the first few moves -- I may not need the sheet! Well, for reasons I can't explain, my brain went blank and it turned out to be the opposite case, which was slightly awkward when taking a long time reading shorthand of moves with the wrong numbering every now and then during the review session, somehow not able to remember even the first few moves, and struggling to guess the white move afterwards.

So, Now having little to lose at this point (3 straight defeats!), here is the last game.
yet it also seemed paramount to play a "good game"-- something that would be nice to look at when going over the record. Here goes.

Something that was too impressive to go unmentioned, however, was the fact that 2d Sandy Taylor had defeated both the runner up and winner of the tournament-- of whom the opening of deciding game between them was reviewed, by Taranu 5p :).

Post #138 Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:12 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
6 years and 7 months since the last The Way to Blackbelt Post

So, I have to admit that it has been a small while since the last post on my study Journal. There is a reason for that. This post would be a small but important revelation, so to speak.

Brief yet long overview of Go Journey, Second Try

Started playing Go in maybe October 2011, after my younger brother discovered the Hikaru no Go GBA ROM seemingly at random, well actually I'm guilty of conservatism. When I was young my dad had to make me get a phone that was different to the one I had before. My brother on the other hand was always the opposite and open to trying new things, and thanks to that go is in my life, so I've been low-key grateful to him all these years but am too shy to say..

First was playing the HnG GBA opponents (a brilliant way to introduce kids into go) and watched show. After a small while downloaded a few go programs. I mainly played Gnugo, Feugo and Aya, but was hesitant to play on-line until April, when I played a few games and found I was around 13 kyu (after a 3k resigned for no reason against me, and I lost all the way to 13k :lol: until I got upset thought I was 20k, and then badly beat one in an even game and felt guilty afterwards). I even tried to make an insei league with bots, and I would treat different levels of Aya and Dariush each as a player, so there were about 10 to 15 players in two leagues, with me included as a player and maybe even attempting to get my siblings involved And I'd try to. . . play every game out between them in full because I wasn't able to set up interfaces to get any of them to play each other themselves. Of course it wouldn't work out, haha
I would look up to and admire the high kyu players, but never thought I'd be one ;-) .

I also would attempt the tsumego on the Hitachi website, but failed half the elementary problems and solving an intermediate was so uncommon that success called for jumping up and down.

I discovered many great Go websites, like GoGameGuru, which made me a fan of commented go games, and learngo.co.uk, and more.

Most of my beginner games, 100+, were saved and many were commented, but I lost the hard drive and need to find it to retrieve them. Didn't play on KGS for a while until late 2013, were I was surprised to find I was about 9k, but then after quickly rising to 6k, I dropped back down to 7k and stayed around there for a year. I've never usually had the chance to play a lot of go, so spend more time studying Go. I made an IGS account in October 2013. I then participated in the Milton Keynes Go tournament, travelling 90 miles, but I would have never dreamed of playing in a go tournament two years ago, as I wasn't used to socializing or doing any events, but I took he challenge, and I'm glad I did :) http://britgo.org/results/2014/mk Of course I was the online player the kind lady I was playing had to remind to press their clock! However I regret telling my father when someone said I'm stronger than 8 kyu in a way that may be perceived as braggadocious. I was probably trying to impress him to show I'm achieving something with this, but I should be the kid in Karate kid whos regurgitates extreme situations call for extreme measures. Likewise onee time I was playing a double digit player online and implied to my father essentially that the player was no big deal, and then immedieately regretted it because I knew I was losing but was in denail and then I lost. Those are the only two times I did anything like that but it's still cringe.

Now I seem to be improving again after being brave enough to try gtl, and because I don't have mobile access to tsumego, and because direction of play and feel for go is my biggest difficulty, for the past 9 months I would play through pro games commented or uncommented, and Top european players games, commented or uncommented. It's especially exiting to download games from international tournaments like the haunglongshi, LG, Quilong, or my favourite Samsung cup, and replay games of amateurs verses top pros. I even joined the gtl as a reviewer! Although I might have been the person to accidently kill GTL. I felt even more guilty about it early on Go, with the help of family, has definitely changed me a little.

I made a new account on KGS, after not playing for a short while, and found that I was KGS 4kyu. I remind myself however, that it's just a number in front of a name to measure something that can't really be measured.

Now I aim to get to 1 Dan KGS, (preferably 3 Dan), and I need help. I also want to give back to the Go community by helping weaker players. Hence this Journal ;). Commented games mostly played by me would be be here for weaker players to learn and stronger players to criticize my moves. You could also post games here for me and others to comment them :).

This has turned out to be a longer post than expected :shock: .

Next, I'll post on the Go situation in Britain.

. . .

Of course blackbelt can refer to one dan. But in my go belts system, the black belts all have colour stripes in them until you reach 7 dan, the true 'blackbelt'. So in reality the aim of my study journal was to reach EGF 7 in the far future, pro strength. In any case, the point of the journal is actually the concept of being able understand something at multiple levels of meaning*. I think perhaps that is the true meaning of go, since the simplicity of the rules enables represents having multiple levels of complexity with a simple surface, like life itself. The real reason why I've wanted to become stronger at go isn't to do with personal achievements. I just thought if I did well at go and won things it would inspire my siblings to play go too. AND it would be a good image on the go world. I have a tendency to base my goals on what I think society most needs. I believed my maximum potential, strength, if I was born in Asia and trained in go by pros since a toddler, was about he level of top female pros, so those are who I compared myself to.

NOW, the main reason I haven't posted in a while is that after the 2015 London Open, I started getting the effects of schizophrenia. When I went to the 2017 London Open, there wasn't any point going again since my schizophrenia meant I can't really enjoy things like I use too due to the negative effects of schizophrenia. It also it means my EGF 5 dan by November 11th, 2019 goal went out the window. My communication and writing skills suffered. For reasons I don't understand since I'm a germaphobe, during this time when I caught the common varicella I ended up with benign lymphoma. Fortunately it didn't affect me in any way, so I thought my energy drops whenever I consumed high-glycemic index food was the only only thing to worry about . . .

. . . Until 2019, because in around 2019, things somehow got worse, as I believe there sprang up a virus that has effected the natural world throughout the world, changing food in certain ways. However, that alone wouldn't affect me too badly. BUT I was unlucky enough so that it just happens that if you have even a begin lymphoma, and you have non-organic food, especially those with lectins in it, it would reduce some other your bodies normal functions including messing up your prefrontal cortex, and make your schizophrenia even worse. It's powerful enough to even stop my energy-drop reaction to high-glycemic index foods completely, but it also stops others brain functions and really affects my personality in a negative way. My communication and writing skills suffered even more, which is part of why I started using the pronoun I more, although that's also down to when I read a 3rd edition remake of Ernest Gowers Plain Words and felt called out for always avoiding using the pronoun I out of politeness. Other than than I find obsession with pronouns silly since they're a fundamentally stupid concept, especially when more than one exists. By definition of what a pronoun is, there should be only one pronoun used for everything if you are to have a pronoun. Let's just say I learnt Schizophrenia, OCD, anxiety and even depression are related in a way not properly understood by mainstream 'psychologists', fortunately I never had traditional anxiety and only milder depression but I can understand how they relate to Schizophrenia and OCD. In fact the reason I haven't just fasted and soled the problem up till now is that I'm anxious about not understanding how this mysterious illness is affecting my brain, but after three years I finally understood while watching しゅごキャラ! to , with my youngest sibling although without permission. The answer turns out to be ridiculous and embarrassing, why am I not surprised. O my mind is imagining me only in possible terms of what I could be imitating, and two, around the same time I learned go I also decided I will never be the one to propose, since I thought it was sexist to expect the male to take initiative. Yep, that's the way I thought then, but somehow it's had an effect on my brain regarding this illness? By essentially imagining the initiative of my 'heart' my go jumped back up from OGS 9 kyu level to OGS 6 kyu level in a day, and it didn't hurt my brain to think anymore For some people funerals are appropriate, but my personality doesn't match moping about me, so since Shugo Chara Doki is what helped solve my big issue, I'll say play their songs at my funeral to incentivise not holding a funeral for me.

This is my highest level yet. Okay, I'm actually less intelligent than when I was 12, and not par for par in age, I mean in absolute terms. BUT, when I was a kid, there was one thing holding me back. You see, I am naturally a kind of person that when I see an expert, I take them as an oracle. The problem is, ironically, that my learning style requires me to think for my self and understanding things on a fundamental level. I hate just memorising without understanding. In fact, while there are people with an active central brain region, I'm the opposite, and have a bad memory because my brain automatically screens everything before it enters my brain. This makes make less vulnerable to fake news compared to most people, but it does make me prone to being an absolute fanboy and mean that if I think I shouldn't bother hoping I can understand anything in go if a pro doesn't tell me directly I can't learn anything. I tried to counter that attitude with the nongshim cup commentaries, I guess, but to no avail. However, than changed with AI--well not really. When AI initially came out in 2016, I was very interested in AI matches between pros, but willfully decided to ignore AI variations and play openings the old way. In short, I was in the traditionalist camp. Yet ironically, the AI style of play was more in line with what I could naturally understand compared to human pros, if only I payed attention. An example I've mentioned before was that I couldn't for the life of me understand why 3-3 invasions couldn't be played early. Settling the position early in that way didn't seem problematic since you still have sente. Recently I've realised I might have a knack for learning from AI in a way different to most others. I don't use AI programs, which almost a complete reversal of when I started go and relied mostly on computer programs, but I'll pull a Shibano and let other people do the work and I'll look at the variations.

1-I'll try to commentate my games with beginners in mind, so they can appreciate go WITHOUT having to necessarily become stronger themselves, while at the same time if I'm blessed to have a stronger player distilled to me a few of their observations, I'm truly grateful when that occurs.

2-I'm devising a theory of personality more nuanced than the simplistic approach of mainstream psychology were scientists seem to be more concerned about propping up there ego and name rather than actual psychology. Indeed I study meta-psychology or maybe logology focusing on psychology, psychologology--the psychology of professional psychology. I don't rate most of the field that much, though. In any case, energy-wise I am an introvert. However when I was younger I always preferred multiplayer games to two-player games. This is because the vertical folding of my prefrontal cortex makes me very interested in complex interactions between multiple peoples competencies, which my brain sees as a more honest representation of a person than there sociopolitical expressions, which by definition of it's meta nature lends itself to being represented dishonestly, however if your prefrontal cortex accumulates in the opposite direction, then this is what your into maybe, and you have the ability t discern the fake from the real. If you have both, your on another level. Anyway, what it means is to me, the very best thing about being stronger. I'm a natural journalist, and the absolute best way to witness history is to be a part of history. So the best way to satisfy my desire to follow the scene o pro-level players is to become a pro-level player myself! Especially being able to understand pro games without commentary. That's the real personal reason

In my concept of a rating system, a performance 1 dan is about between 3 and 4 EGF dan. Unfortunately, it's too late too try to reach pro level strength, but I can aim for this. But I'm still going to compare my to the standard of two stones from the fourth best human player.

Oh, and because I'm comparing myself to 서봉수 level, feel free to criticize my moves :tmbup: be as severe as you have to.

Yes I am super nostalgic about everything and prone to hoarding while simultaneously being a germaphobe. Although dogs might think I'm a bigot because I like cats and I always think dogs want to eat me. I'm speciesist and need subconscious bias training to not be scared of dogs. But then I can respond by saying I think ancient egyptians are cooly and are aesthetically similar to Japan and they like cats, where Europeans gave horrific treatment to cats, so I have the right to be biased as it's payback towards Europe, so there. And cats make good go players because they're territorial. Although maybe not because they might get too greedy and give their opponents too much influence influence. Hmm :scratch:

*Now I think about it, I'm always felt terrible at anything like personal statements or 'why I like things'. I just can't snowflake brag myself to success, sorry. But then I'm able to understand why I like go and explain it, so maybe I'm naturally too reserved for a self-advertising world until the moment I make a concerted effort to be more open.

Post #139 Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:48 am 
Lives in sente

Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
From now on this is a journal not just about studying the game, but also teaching the game. I want to be a blackbelt at teaching too!

Full Disclosure: 1 Dan is a black belt with a white stripe. 7 Dan is actually a pure black belt. So as I said in one of my earlier posts, I want to reach 1 Dan but also 7 Dan in the far future. However my definition of 1 and 7 Dan has changed. 1 Dan is about good enough for a 50% score in the Japanese pro exam, and 7 Dan is about a 1/1+3e chance of winning against the fourth best player in the world. However 최 정's baduk did make me realise, that perhaps the number one thing we should tell beginners at baduk is not to lose your first 50 games, or any other proverb. The one proverb they should absolutely follow above all else is to ONLY focus on what they're good at in baduk. Huh? But I thought to get strong you must train your strongest points and your weakest points? Well, if you've reached a plateau were you don't seem to be able to improve anymore, then it makes sense to start improving your weak points. However for amateurs there's absolutely no reason for them to try and have a balanced style from the get go. Choi Jeong has already advanced her reading to a very high level and in the Samsung Cup she focused being more patient than normal. When you're already a top pro then you focus on weak points ;-)

But what if you're a pro that teaches? You should make it abundantly clear what your style is so that people hire you specifically to learn a certain style.

So I will focus on life and death and endgame for now to get me to 1 Dan, yes Törmänen level, by the 2023 spring equinox. I'm currently 9kyu on OGS which is probably about low double digit Kyu in my system. I used to be OGS 2 kyu but my mental issues made me drop to 9 kyu. A few times I resigned games I was winning because I was mentally exhausted just from playing a game.
For now I'll focus on my health and in January I'll start the serious tsumego training.

91+(5/16) days of games that at minimum involves players who have played or have played players who have played in an international tournament are put in a very simple system, but games between players who've play multiple times in that period are reduced in weight for every game, and the same to half that extent for second-order relations. This should remove any bubble effect. Then the fourth highest rank player on the list is set as having e^9.00 points, the beginning of 10 Dan. So there are always four 10 Dan's in the world and each Dan below represents e times less winning probability.

So by the spring equinox I want to make the list and have a level equivalent to the e^0.00 to e^1.00 level on the list. By that time I also intend to create a document outlining the long term strategies and short-term tactics that could be used to make Lentitears a truly global game by 2026 spring equinox. From between the 2023 spring equinox and the 2024 spring equinox I will compare myself to the 7 Dan standard. The year after that the 9 Dan standard, and then from then on AI standard. I don't know if I'll get significantly stronger but the aim is to improve the beauty of my moves as a mathematical artist; by definition mindsport players are mathematical artists, artists who use math to make art and sometimes art to make math.

Post #140 Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:46 am 
Lives in sente

At this point in time it doesn't make sense to set go level goals when I haven't fulfilled my health goals, as my mind is still blocking me from reading however I've made progress in that regard, also focusing on the Light Novel would also probably be better, therefore I'll move my timeframe to achieve blackbelt to the Autumn Equinox.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next