It is currently Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #101 Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:34 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 442
Liked others: 5
Was liked: 187
Rank: BGA 3 dan
Bill Spight wrote:
To second what Charles says:

Click Here To Show Diagram Code
[go]$$W Bluff
$$ ---------------------------------------
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O O . . |
$$ | . X X . . . . O . . O O O X . X O . . |
$$ | X O . X . X . . . , . X X . . X . . . |
$$ | . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . O O . O . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . |
$$ | . . . O . . . . . , . . . . . , . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . 1 . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . O . O . X . . . . . . . . X . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . |
$$ | . O . X . X . . . , . X . X . X . . . |
$$ | . . X . . . . . . . . X X O X . O . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . O O O . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ ---------------------------------------[/go]


A play like :w1: may evoke a passive response. Things are desperate.


Click Here To Show Diagram Code
[go]$$W Ultrabluff
$$ ---------------------------------------
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . 0 . . . . . X O O . . |
$$ | . X X . . . . O . . O O O X . X O . . |
$$ | X O . X . X . . 9 7 6 X X . . X . . . |
$$ | . X . . . . . . . 8 . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . O O . O . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . |
$$ | . . . O . . . . . , . . . . . , . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . 3 5 . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . 1 2 . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . O . O . X 4 . . . . . . . X . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . |
$$ | . O . X . X . . . , . X . X . X . . . |
$$ | . . X . . . . . . . . X X O X . O . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . O O O . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ ---------------------------------------[/go]


Here :b4: (shape) probably can be criticised ... even if Black intends to fight at the top.

Click Here To Show Diagram Code
[go]$$W Ultrabluff (2)
$$ ---------------------------------------
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . 1 X . 2 . . . X O O . . |
$$ | . X X . . . . O . . O O O X . X O . . |
$$ | X O . X . X . . O O X X X . . X . . . |
$$ | . X . . . . . . 3 X . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . O O . O . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X O . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . |
$$ | . . . O . . . . . , . . . . . , . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . O O . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . O X . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ | . . O . O . X X . . . . . . . X . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . . . |
$$ | . O . X . X . . . , . X . X . X . . . |
$$ | . . X . . . . . . . . X X O X . O . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . O O O . . . |
$$ | . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . |
$$ ---------------------------------------[/go]


White has at least got into a different game here.


This post by Charles Matthews was liked by: Elom
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #102 Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm 
Gosei

Posts: 1417
Liked others: 111
Was liked: 296
I think that at your level, aiming to become 5 dan by December is a critical mistake in your training programme. The correct level which you should be aiming for is 1 dan, after which, you can decide whether you want to spend any more time seriously improving. If you made 1 dan, then you can understand that you actually have some talent for the game. You can then consider making 2 dan ( rakish) 3 dan ( shabby ) , 4 dan ( frumos baby ) or 5 dan ( satisfactory )

_________________
North Lecale


This post by Javaness2 was liked by: Elom
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #103 Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:47 pm 
Judan

Posts: 6725
Location: Cambridge, UK
Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3707
Rank: UK 4 dan
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
<Harsh reality>

Was 5 dan by December serious? It seemed pretty ludicrous to me. I mean this thread started in August 2014 and Elom was 4k KGS back then. That gives 16 months to improve 8 stones, so 1 stone every 2 months if we assume linear improvement (actually improvement gets slower as you get stronger), so he should be at least 1d by now already. But the reality is what? Still 4k? Maybe 2k by Christmas is more appropriate?

</Harsh reality>


This post by Uberdude was liked by: Elom
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #104 Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 1:30 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
Thank you very much Matthews and Spight for your analysis! It does seem very hard for white to move at this point (it was a four-stone handicap game), thinking that playing in the center would be okay is clearly wrong when I re-counted :) thanks for your suggestions, I had some new insights from those. 12 stones on the second line is something to definitely watch out for :).

Javaness2 wrote:
I think that at your level, aiming to become 5 dan by December is a critical mistake in your training programme. The correct level which you should be aiming for is 1 dan, after which, you can decide whether you want to spend any more time seriously improving. If you made 1 dan, then you can understand that you actually have some talent for the game. You can then consider making 2 dan ( rakish) 3 dan ( shabby ) , 4 dan ( frumos baby ) or 5 dan ( satisfactory )


Thanks for your post, I think your absolutely correct (I'm grateful for you just saying it's a critical mistake, it's probably a bit worse than that :D). As I said, it was extremely unlikely for me to get close to that level by December, (although I'm sure some may still have cringed as soon as they read 5d (!) :lol: ), but it seemed that it would be fun to try seeing how it turns out, and what I might learn, definitely not because I believed I had some kind special ability or anything along those lines (the reverse is far more likely :)) (many people have improved from 3k to 5d at a much faster rate than 12 months, as well).

Yes Uberdude, although I should be a lot stronger than 1d by now :). Actually, I have to play many more games, because I have no idea of precisely where my current level is, as it seems quite erratic. For example, I have lost to a 1 or 2 8k+ players recently with bad mistakes (albeit when quite tired) yet I have also been winning against 3k players on the same server and in the same time frame, (I've rarely played against stronger players). The Pandanet tournament is about 5 months away, so I guess I could use it as a gauge to see whether I've improved at all, hopefully with a bit more respect than last time :)

But now I realise I should work harder to at least match the annoyingly chest-thumping, overzealous language I have sometimes used effort-wise, so I must try even more now to chase these wild aims :lol: .

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #105 Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am 
Honinbo

Posts: 10905
Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3372
Elom wrote:
Thank you very much Matthews and Spight for your analysis! It does seem very hard for white to move at this point (it was a four-stone handicap game)


:oops: Oops, I should have counted the stones. :oops: In a four stone game things are not desperate. It is too bad that Black is so solid, but White has chances. OC, with normal play Black will win, but there are reasons that he is taking four stones. Probably he will not attack well, and may let himself get pushed around in the center.

_________________
The Adkins Principle:
At some point, doesn't thinking have to go on?
— Winona Adkins

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #106 Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:44 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
So, in order to improve faster and better, and to find out what may happen, a small "plan" or "regime" might be a good idea.

Not to make excuses, but, one reason for the lack of training, and therefore growth, was fatigue. So one needs to be more disciplined :rambo: (and not get too big for ones shoes...). It may not be a good idea or even useful to rant about my planned regime, but maybe it's more likely to be done this way ;-) .

I'll probably aim to solve approximately 150 tsumego a week (50% easier, 50% intermediate) with 25 pro games, but the more major training will occur in July. For now, I'm mainly going to try to play more games; due to the low number of recent games spread over different servers, my rank is, in plain terms, erratic and unknown. If I can get a solid 1d account on two servers by the end of june, that would be great! :) . If I can win against EGF 4ds by the end of Decemeber, that would be brilliant! But 2kyu by december is a more realistic goal :D . For now, I'll just play experimentally without taking it too seriously, until July. It's up in the air from here... (Although I should probably day sonething akin to, "It's time to fight from here on!" :shock: , but it's maybe a little too cheesy)

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #107 Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:07 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 218
Liked others: 23
Was liked: 14
Rank: IGS 3k
KGS: Bki
IGS: mlbki
Elom wrote:
Not to make excuses, but, one reason for the lack of training, and therefore growth, was fatigue. So one needs to be more disciplined :rambo: (and not get too big for ones shoes...). It may not be a good idea or even useful to rant about my planned regime, but maybe it's more likely to be done this way ;-) .


Certainly, you're right.

One thing I found that help me (it might be different for you, of course), is to set up a daily routine, and give yourself goals for each day. So, rather than saying you want to do 150 problems per week, you try to do 25 per day. It may work even better if you do them roughly at the same time every day. It can be while eating breakfast, or before going to sleep, or at some other point that you find suitable.

It's certainly better than to find yourself do only ~10 problem per day until the last, where you try to do 100 at once, and get tired and bored because of that.


This post by Bki was liked by: Elom
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #108 Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:06 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
Bki wrote:
Elom wrote:
Not to make excuses, but, one reason for the lack of training, and therefore growth, was fatigue. So one needs to be more disciplined :rambo: (and not get too big for ones shoes...). It may not be a good idea or even useful to rant about my planned regime, but maybe it's more likely to be done this way ;-) .


Certainly, you're right.

One thing I found that help me (it might be different for you, of course), is to set up a daily routine, and give yourself goals for each day. So, rather than saying you want to do 150 problems per week, you try to do 25 per day. It may work even better if you do them roughly at the same time every day. It can be while eating breakfast, or before going to sleep, or at some other point that you find suitable.

It's certainly better than to find yourself do only ~10 problem per day until the last, where you try to do 100 at once, and get tired and bored because of that.


Thanks bki, I think that's a good idea-- in fact, I thought of splitting 30 a day into 3 sessions at regular intervals. The factor of accomplishing tasks must certainly be a good thing! Maybe it depends partly on if the will is there or not :).

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #109 Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:52 pm 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
Hi, this is a game from the OGS Mingren Tournament. In an effort to improve with the best quality training, I've decided to regularly attempt the most challenging or riskier line of play for the time being; even if a move doesn't seem like it would lead to victory, it should still be played if it provides the the harder game or means taking on more responsibilities. This means that there's a lot of short term losses in this plan, especially when combined with the fact that it seems as if I've had to somehow re-coordinate my go since the short break from actual play, leading to erratic results despite maybe "feeling" slightly stronger compared to before.

In this game I wonder where the best move for black is around 102.


:b31: experimented with s14 instead of s16-s14-s10
:b39: maybe better at f4?
:w46: should this be a pincer instead?
:w50: how to play this position?
:b61: the sequence starting b8 is probably superior.
b12 and f8 should probably be at a12 and f7 respectively.
91 should strike at f14 and attack the whole group as I normally do :)
What is the situation at 102?
103 pedestrian at best (contradictory to improvement I guess, because it's a lazy move). 103-109 black completely ruined his position and gained nothing in return. Four pass moves :). I made another mistake at O14 and then greedily went for an all-out variation at 117 instead of opting for a compromise and patiently try to reduce a ~10 point deficit


Having now played correspondence, I've very much warmed up to the change of pace and would play it more regularly. It's especially exiting when I don't refer to joseki books and make sure not click the stones for reading-- stretching your reading is one of the beneficial aspects, and after all, I have to fight...

nb: it seems OGS is weaker than KGS, so I increased the rank two stones here.

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #110 Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:19 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 16
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
Rank: OGS 16 kyu
Universal go server handle: Kodey
Your aim is to do 150 tsumego a week. Where are you finding them all? I'm aiming to do more tsumego and need a good source of alot of them.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #111 Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 pm 
Lives in gote

Posts: 442
Liked others: 5
Was liked: 187
Rank: BGA 3 dan
Elom wrote:
In an effort to improve with the best quality training, I've decided to regularly attempt the most challenging or riskier line of play for the time being; even if a move doesn't seem like it would lead to victory, it should still be played if it provides the the harder game or means taking on more responsibilities.


Deja vu was hitting me in the early stages. Could be that you are working on a rationale for the way Kajiwara used to play?

The query you had about 102: I don't have a pat answer.

I think playing out all four corners in the fashion you did wasn't beneficial. The lower left should be the key to analysis, since you got a somewhat broken overall result there.

I don't like :b21: - I think J3 would be more like it. I also dislike :b41: quite strongly. A knight's move looks for power here. A diagonal for an extended attack. Herding White towards the right is in tune with fundamentals.

:b71: is a shape, but not I think enough. My style would be to play B18, trying for the corner. You need something to attack in this game, so let White extend along the side. (Patience, in a word!) The other guess is E17.

So something had to work in this game for Black, but the fighting sort of blurred into one ...

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #112 Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm 
Gosei
User avatar

Posts: 1810
Liked others: 490
Was liked: 365
Rank: KGS 1-dan
Kodey wrote:
Your aim is to do 150 tsumego a week. Where are you finding them all? I'm aiming to do more tsumego and need a good source of alot of them.


Free sources (for your level):
http://senseis.xmp.net/?BeginnerExercises (340 problems)
http://senseis.xmp.net/?KyuExercises (212 problems)
https://gogameguru.com/get-better-at-go/go-problems/ (131 easy ones)
http://www.hitachi.co.jp/Sp/tsumego/past/index-e.html (996 elementary problems)

Books (for your level):
Graded Go Problems for Beginners vol. 1-2
Tesuji by James Davies
1001 Life-and-Death Problems

_________________
My "guide" to become stronger in Go

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #113 Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:17 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
SoDesuNe points out some good problems :).


Charles Matthews wrote:
Elom wrote:
In an effort to improve with the best quality training, I've decided to regularly attempt the most challenging or riskier line of play for the time being; even if a move doesn't seem like it would lead to victory, it should still be played if it provides the the harder game or means taking on more responsibilities.


Deja vu was hitting me in the early stages. Could be that you are working on a rationale for the way Kajiwara used to play?

The query you had about 102: I don't have a pat answer.

I think playing out all four corners in the fashion you did wasn't beneficial. The lower left should be the key to analysis, since you got a somewhat broken overall result there.

I don't like :b21: - I think J3 would be more like it. I also dislike :b41: quite strongly. A knight's move looks for power here. A diagonal for an extended attack. Herding White towards the right is in tune with fundamentals.

:b71: is a shape, but not I think enough. My style would be to play B18, trying for the corner. You need something to attack in this game, so let White extend along the side. (Patience, in a word!) The other guess is E17.

So something had to work in this game for Black, but the fighting sort of blurred into one ...


Thank you very much! Especially for pointing out 41. 71 was also very helpful never realised it seemed as if I was mimicing Kajiwara, I'm not sure of how he used to play!

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #114 Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:50 am 
Lives in gote
User avatar

Posts: 329
Location: Denmark
Liked others: 4
Was liked: 65
Rank: 6D Tygem
Universal go server handle: pluspy
About tsumego goals, I think it's more useful if you set a time spent goal for each day or the entire week as a total. The number of tsumego is (not entirely, but still quite) irrelevant, compared to the reading practice you get out of it. People often recommend doing alot of easy problems, but if you never challenge yourself with problems just a tad above your current level, then how are you going to get stronger Go muscles? 150 easy/your own level tsumego a week isn't a very tough goal to achieve, but 150 challenging (again, not impossible, just challenging solvable in 5-15 min) tsumego a week is quite a different matter. That is why I recommend setting a time for yourself each day, like 1 hour or whatever you may be comfortable with.


This post by OtakuViking was liked by 2 people: Bill Spight, Elom
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #115 Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:06 pm 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
Thanks, that's a nice idea. It would probably take around 60 minutes in total to solve 15 elementary and 15 intermediate problems on hitach (solving thoroughly but at a challenging speed). Maybe you can use a hybrid system: X amount of problems per day within X time frame, and use whatever time left to solve more tsumego :) .

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #116 Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:18 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom


b83 is probably a mistake.
b89 too.

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #117 Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:30 pm 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
This is one of the more interesting games I've played recently. The strategy kept changing throughout the game.



:b9:- :b25: Experimental, white seems well off...

:b51: Because of the deficit.

:b9: feels very weak now,

:b1: :b31: black can't win unless all the center is killed, but...

:b1: :b37: Maybe the first losing move.

:b1: :b51: Losing move, probably, this has to be at b14


Attachments:
2365579-204-swact-WindnWater.sgf [1.67 KiB]
Downloaded 290 times

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #118 Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:06 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 420
Liked others: 75
Was liked: 58
Rank: EGF 4k
In move :b33: you make a small one-point jump from an already alive ("super strong") group, thereby forcing white to solidify his upper territory and removing all possible aji (e.g. for future invasions if the flow of the game allows). In terms of points, this moves gains almost nothing for black, while the board is still wide open in other areas. :b35: is even more extreme in this sense, apart from that it violates the heuristics "if you peep into a keima you must cut". I once made a move like :b33: in a league game, and one of my team members complained that my move made him getting nightmares afterwards (it was the losing move btw.) :blackeye:

Edit:
Quote:
:b37: Maybe the first losing move.

IMHO :b37: is the first move where normal operation is resumed. ;-)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #119 Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 am 
Dies with sente

Posts: 103
Liked others: 3
Was liked: 37
Rank: Tygem 5d
:b9: is definitely a mistake and white punishes correctly in the game. Yunxuan's video about this joseki is pretty good, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9P8WQf5sE


This post by Sennahoj was liked by: Elom
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: The way to BlackBelt
Post #120 Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:16 am 
Lives in sente

Posts: 827
Location: UK
Liked others: 568
Was liked: 84
Rank: OGS 9kyu
Universal go server handle: WindnWater, Elom
schawipp wrote:
In move :b33: you make a small one-point jump from an already alive ("super strong") group, thereby forcing white to solidify his upper territory and removing all possible aji (e.g. for future invasions if the flow of the game allows). In terms of points, this moves gains almost nothing for black, while the board is still wide open in other areas. :b35: is even more extreme in this sense, apart from that it violates the heuristics "if you peep into a keima you must cut". I once made a move like :b33: in a league game, and one of my team members complained that my move made him getting nightmares afterwards (it was the losing move btw.) :blackeye:
IMHO :b37: is the first move where normal operation is resumed. ;-)


Yes, 33 and 35 are definite mistakes, but I didn't want to flood the board with my comments :mrgreen:

schawipp wrote:
In move :b33: you make a small one-point jump from an already alive ("super strong") group, thereby forcing white to solidify his upper territory and removing all possible
Edit:
Quote:
:b37: Maybe the first losing move.

IMHO :b37: is the first move where normal operation is resumed. ;-)


I meant move 137! :)

Sennahoj wrote:
:b9: is definitely a mistake and white punishes correctly in the game. Yunxuan's video about this joseki is pretty good, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9P8WQf5sE


Thanks for the link to the video! I'll definitely take a look.

_________________
On Go proverbs:
"A fine Gotation is a diamond in the hand of a dan of wit and a pebble in the hand of a kyu" —Joseph Raux misquoted.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group