It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi everyone!
Post #1 Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 19
Was liked: 1
Hello L19,

i've been reading the forum for one or two weeks now and decided it might be a good idea to create an account and take part in the discussion going on.

I've been interested in Go since a long while now. I first encountered the game, when i was like twelve years old. But as things go when you are young, other things came in to my mind and i stopped playing before i had really gotten a hang of it. I then started playing again a few years later and played quite a bit on KGS (without remarkable improvement :lol: ) and again stopped after a while. I think part of the reason for this was, that at that time none of my friends was interested in learning the game and just playing online became boring after a while (again i was quite young and easy to distract at that time :D ).
A while ago i stumbled upon the AlphaGo documentary while browsing Netflix with my roommate and a friend. Both had heard about the technology but didn't know the game, so after watching the documentary i introduced them to Go. The next day i found myself building a small 9x9/13x13 board after having ordered some stones. The day my stones arrived i played games with a friend till deep into the night and since that day i'm quite hooked on the Game (again, but also more then ever).

Thats all for now. I hope to have a good time with you all :)

Post subject:
Post #2 Posted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:56 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Welcome. :)

Post subject: Re: Hi everyone!
Post #3 Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 19
Was liked: 1