All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello all!
Post #1 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:58 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 24
Was liked: 59
GD Posts: 227
KGS: Aphelion02
Just super glad there's a quick replacement to GD. Thanks a ton, Jordus!

Post subject: Re: Hello all!
Post #2 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:09 pm 
Tengen

Liked others: 62
Was liked: 505
KGS: magicwand
Tygem: magicwand
Wbaduk: rlatkfkd
DGS: magicwand
OGS: magicwand
wow.. i find your avatar SEXY
you see way my avatar stare at you?

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

Last edited by Magicwand on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #3 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

Liked others: 18
Was liked: 121
Universal go server handle: Jordus
Be careful magicwand, she is a wanted pirate on the grand line and might strike you with lightning!!

Post #4 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 150
Universal go server handle: judicata
Magicwand wrote:

I lol'd.

Post #5 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm 
Tengen

judicata wrote:
Magicwand wrote:

I lol'd.

i see you are from NY too.
i used to live in NYC for 30 years.
now i am in Savannah GA

i think this new avatar has changed my personality :mrgreen:

Post #6 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:35 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 146
Was liked: 150
Universal go server handle: judicata
I may one day move out of the city and buy an actual house and drive a car...

Post #7 Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:03 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 15
Was liked: 64
GD Posts: 2067
KGS: mgd
DGS: mdobbins
Magicwand wrote:

Is avatar dating allowed on the forum?? :mrgreen:

Post #8 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:27 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 80
Was liked: 62
Jordus wrote:
Be careful magicwand, she is a wanted pirate on the grand line and might strike you with lightning!!

At least I'm not the only one...;)

mdobbins, there's just something wrong with that.

Post #9 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 24
Was liked: 59
GD Posts: 227
KGS: Aphelion02
Jordus wrote:

Unless, of course, you offer her money and oranges :p

Post #10 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:02 am 
Site Admin

Aphelion wrote:
Jordus wrote:

Unless, of course, you offer her money and oranges :p

Or if you are a rubberman who is captain of the most awesome pirate ship in the world!!

Post #11 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
For those not catching the jokes, the avatar is from a show called One Piece; the character is Nami (I think, the last time I saw the show was something like 2005).

Post #12 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:12 am 
Site Admin

I have seen all 447 eps(might be more or less by a couple I cant quite remember right now) so far......

Post #13 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:17 am 
Tengen

Nami is a young, somewhat tall girl with short, orange hair and a slim build. Many people consider her to be very good looking.[5] She has a blue tattoo (black in the manga[6]) on her left shoulder which represents mikan and pinwheels (a homage to Bellemere and Genzo, respectively), where she used to have a tattoo for being a member of Arlong's Crew. Near the beginning of the series, Nami wears a variety of clothing in the series but her most longest lasting is her white and blue striped shirt, an orange skirt and high-heeled sandals. She retains this look until the Arlong Park arc, afterward she is seen wearing a different outfit for each arc. Nami wore thick, low cut leather boots and a simple blouse. However, during the Arlong Park arc and thereafter, Nami wore strappy, heeled sandals and more revealing outfits (With the tattoo no longer being a secret). She seemed to have abandoned the sandals for high-heeled boots as of Chapter 435. She usually pairs her tops with skirts with rings on them. Her overall physique matured suddenly (though this is, most likely, a simple change in style of artwork). Her fashion frequently changes as well as her hair style. Many of her shirts feature four-letter words, such as "MODE," "GOLD" or "EVIL," similar to a shirt that Bellemere once wore that had "MACE" on it.

In SBS Volume 6, Oda said, according to Sanji, her measurements were 86-57-86cm = 34-22-34". The author has also replied to a fan's question saying that right now Nami's measurements are as follows:

Height: 169 cm = 5'6½"
Measurements (B-W-H): 95-55-85 cm = 37-21-33"
He later also specified in an SBS that Nami's under bust size is 65 cm, making her an I-cup in Japan, or an F-cup in the US. However, her breasts seem to grow into and then "reset" throughout the arcs (this is much more obvious in the manga and in one of the movies).[7] Oda has also said that Nami resembles a cat, that the color orange represents her, and she smells of mikan and money.

Post #14 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 1589
Was liked: 656
GD Posts: 918
KGS: topazg
Magicwand wrote:
Height: 169 cm = 5'6½"
Measurements (B-W-H): 95-55-85 cm = 37-21-33"
He later also specified in an SBS that Nami's under bust size is 65 cm, making her an I-cup in Japan, or an F-cup in the US. However, her breasts seem to grow into and then "reset" throughout the arcs (this is much more obvious in the manga and in one of the movies).[7] Oda has also said that Nami resembles a cat, that the color orange represents her, and she smells of mikan and money.

Haha, that's really funny. I'm guessing it was written by a man?

Also, I thought breast cup sizes were breast measurement (in inches) - under breast measurement (in inches), converted to letters. So 30 inches under breast and 35 inches on widest area would be E cup in the UK?

Last edited by topazg on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #15 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:19 am 
Tengen

Along with Nico Robin, Nami is one of the smartest of the Straw Hats and the third smartest character in East Blue according to Oda, the first being Benn Beckman of the Red-Haired pirates and the 2nd being Captain Kuro[10]. At the beginning of the series, Nami despised all pirates. She viewed them as nothing but bad people after losing someone close to her, only changing her mind after she met Luffy and Zoro. Before her view changed on pirates, she was perfectly fine with giving Luffy up captive to Buggy, as she could not bring herself to stoop to their level. She also did not believe in Devil Fruits as any more than myths until she saw Buggy's Bara Bara no Mi in action.

Nami's money eyes.Nami is greedy and will do anything for money, accepting any challenge that comes along. Her love of money stems from her childhood, where she lived a poor life and was often upset at having little wealth despite the love of her adopted mother. While she will send in Luffy, Zoro and the rest of the crew to meet the demand, the one thing she will not do is sell out a friend; no matter what the sum. She takes control of the amount of money the crew spends, ever aware of the crews spending habits (such as Luffy's desire to spend all they have on meat) and tries her hardest to avoid it getting spent all at once. To this end, she is in complete horror whenever the rest of the crew wastes money or passes up an opportunity to get it. She is loyal to her money, but no matter how much she denies it, her loyalty to her friends comes first as seen when she decided to give up her agreed 1,000,000, 000 deal with Igaram for protecting Vivi for Vivi's sake after Baroque Works was beaten.

Nami is very bossy and is usually ordering everyone around, including Luffy, despite not even being the captain herself. Nami's main concern when she is in trouble is herself first and usually has other members do her fighting, resulting in her fighting in fewer fights. She is a coward, though not on the same level as Usopp, her cowardice has more to do with survival. She is aware of dangers they face every day and has a much better understanding of the world and its more dangerous individuals(ex. the Shichibukai) than most of her crew, though lacks Robin's knowledge on some of its other powerful figures (ex. the marine Admirals). She can be devilish at times and won't think twice about ditching the others to save her own life.[11] She has been known to stand her ground against anyone hurting her friends, abandoning her otherwise normal routine of trying to stay out of harm's way.[12][13][14][15] The best example came from her survival of Enel's game which left her as the only fighter standing besides him, she agreed to board his ship and go to his promised land out of fear after seeing all the strong fighters loose the game, but later after hearing his plans that would forsaken the sky island soon turns on him.

However, in return for her lesser sympathetic personality traits, she is also one of the more compassionate crew members who is fast to show sympathy when hearing sad things about other people, and as she showed during the incident with Hatchan, she is willing to forgive even people who have hurt her for many years. She is easily one of the Straw Hat's most emotional members, she cries easily and she shows much understanding of and insight into feelings. This often makes her good to comfort her friends (though she has also done the opposite to comically effect), but she is rather bad maker of decisions when it comes to objective choices; as shown during the crew's discussion in chapter 438 about whether Usopp should return or not, she insisted subjectively that Usopp should return, however Zoro made her look at the objective sites of the matter and stand by Luffy's decision.

Nami also has an obsession with fashion, as she is never seen wearing the same clothes. This was not present in the early chapters and started after the Captain Kuro arc.[16] When Nami goes shopping, she sometimes goes to exquisite boutiques and tries on stuff, just to leave stating that she is searching for something more casual. She doesn't seem to have much modesty as she sometimes wears rather skimpy clothing and allows people to take photos of her in a swimsuit or completely naked (as long as they pay).

Post #16 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:21 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
Don't get too excited, Magicwand :-p

Post #17 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:21 am 
Tengen

[edit] CrewAt first, Nami was excited to join the crew but grew more reluctant when she learned that Luffy is a pirate because of her disgust at pirates. She betrayed Luffy and even wished him dead before he formed a crew[17]. Her original membership into the crew was just as an "alliance" with Luffy which she later ended to return to her home village, however by then she had become fond of the crew and found it was not so easy to just leave.[18] After Arlong's defeat she officially joined the crew, by then she had completely changed her mind on her fellow crewmates.

She soon came to respect Luffy's qualities as a leader, but often gets angry at his irrational thinking and short attention span. In such situations, she sometimes tends to get into violent outbreaks, often ordering him and the other members as well despite him being the captain. Her sudden violent outbreaks may also be caused by traits of other crew members such as Roronoa Zoro's sleeping. Despite this, she trusts Luffy very much as her captain.

She also often takes advantage of Sanji with his devotion to her, ordering him to do her bidding. She also uses Usopp to maintain her weapons (and wriggling out of paying him for his service). Zoro tries not to fall for her manipulative schemes, but ends up a victim like the rest, usually due to debt, after Nami tricks him into accepting a 100,000 loan and forces him to pay it back three times over despite him not spending it and giving it back. The two also tend to get into arguments due to their somewhat similar personalities. She is still shown to care for him, as she does the rest of the crew. Nami occasionally gets irritated with Franky (such as when he calls her "girlie"), but still trusts him.

Nami gets along best with Robin, who is the only one she does not attempt to boss around. She often refers to her as "onee-sama" or "Robin-nee-san," both commonly used for elder sisters, and often spends time with her. When Nami goes shopping, she is often accompanied by a smiling Robin.

[edit] FriendsBack home, Genzo acted as a father figure to both Nami and Nojiko. He was shown very concerned about Nami's pose on her bounty attracting more perverts than bounty hunters[19], although he had an enlarged picture of it himself. Amusing considering the fact that he is more concerned about her picture than Nami being wanted. The rest of the village still adores her.

Nami also shared a close relationship with Vivi, to the point of an almost sisterly bond. Like the rest of the crew, she was deeply upset about her leaving.

She also made a good friend of Lola the zombie warthog, to the point where she even help set Lola and Absalom up for marriage. Their friendship transcended over into the real Lola when Thriller Bark was taken down. Lola had a strange feeling she already knew Nami from somewhere else despite never meeting her before, Nami was just happy to see her friend. To date, Lola has been the only person Nami has willingly handed some of her treasure over to.[20] Lola now regards Nami as a sister, to ensure her and her friends were safe she gave Nami half of her Biblicard for her mother.

[edit] EnemiesNami is an enemy to the Marines, as she carries a bounty on her head. Arlong and his pirates were her enemies for a long time; despite Arlong taking her into his crew she showed no love for them due to what they did to her village and for killing Bellemere. Arlong had fought Luffy claiming that she was his crewmate in his fight, even admitting she was 'cute' for a human and admitted he had no respect for humans yet she was one of about 2 humans he was seen to show respect for, the other being Nezumi. She has stated that she has not forgiven Hatchan for what he did as part of the Arlong Pirates, but after seeing him get shot trying to hold Luffy back and hearing him say that he had hoped to do what he could to make up for what he had done, becomes concerned about his well-being.

[edit] Family[edit] BellemereShe has comes to terms with the idea Bellemere was her mother. In life she never saw eye to eye with her adoptive mother at times, in death Nami deeply missed her due to the fact she knew Bellemere deeply loved her despite everything. Nami is seen drawing a picture of her after being forced into Arlong's crew, and sadly calling out her name in a moment of misery. She regularly visited her grave on the cliff top where she was buried and often thought about her.

[edit] NojikoNami values Nojiko as the only person who loved and supported her through her years of stealing to buy the village. Though not related by blood, she supports Nami like a real sister.[21] When Nami received her tattoo for being on Arlong's crew, Nojiko responded by getting her own tattoo to match Nami. When Nami removed Arlong's tattoo, she replaced it with her current one so she still matched her sister.[22]

[edit] OtherAs an orphan, Nami may have other family. However considering the circumstances behind her origins with Bellemere and Nojiko and the fact Bellemere found both girls in a war zone, it seems unlikely this will ever be touched upon.

Post #18 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Wowsers! that's a lot of typing.... But then again for that show.... totally worth it....

Post #19 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:30 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 30
Jordus wrote:
Wowsers! that's a lot of typing.... But then again for that show.... totally worth it....

A lot of typing? It has all the tell-tale signs of copying and pasting directly from Wikipedia. :D

Post #20 Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:34 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 1589
Was liked: 656
GD Posts: 918
KGS: topazg
unkx80 wrote:
Jordus wrote:

A lot of typing? It has all the tell-tale signs of copying and pasting directly from Wikipedia. :D

Haha, and here was me not wanting to say it :lol: