It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ASR league seeks Beta testers for html5 browser client
Post #1 Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:09 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
You can play now the ASR league (without Java issues on KGS Go server). Give it a try to play Go with 345 league members... Test it, its free !

Post subject: Re: ASR league seeks Beta testers for html5 browser client
Post #2 Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
You are spamming again … this time by appropriating KOCMOHABT’s GoUniverse plugin for your own purposes while alleging that you are in contact with the developer, which is a LIE, as KOCMOHABT has stated elsewhere here and on G+.

This post by Bonobo was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #3 Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Why oh why does this guy keep using bitly short urls? I don't like short urls (because they break the informative nature or urls, not to mention they can mask links to malicious sites) but can understand using them in situations users would have to type them, e.g. a printed poster advert. But why on earth use them for a link on a webpage which even has different link text?! Does it do analytics?

Post #4 Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:21 am 
Oza

Liked others: 157
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
Uberdude wrote:
Why oh why does this guy keep using bitly short urls? I don't like short urls (because they break the informative nature or urls, not to mention they can mask links to malicious sites) but can understand using them in situations users would have to type them, e.g. a printed poster advert. But why on earth use them for a link on a webpage which even has different link text?! Does it do analytics?

It does do analytics, unfortunately, which makes people want to use them from the presentation side. We've had this issue at work, where some departments think it's great, nevermind the training of users to follow links that could lead anywhere.

From a more nefarious point of view, it could also be used to get a group of people to get used to following said shortened links with the idea that you could then post a malicious one at some point. When you control the end webserver, though, this becomes less meaningful.

Post #5 Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:13 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
This is not only a meaningless post, violating forum rules, but it is also deceptive (you are advertising for beta testers on a product you didn't even create), undermining KOCMOHABT's work. Locking this thread, and consider this a warning. I have also edited your post to remove the bitly link.

This post by Solomon was liked by 7 people: Bonobo, Drew, DrStraw, KOCMOHABT, Monadology, Nyanjilla, Schachus

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]