It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Review Copies
Post #1 Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:04 am 
Judan

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 786
If you would like to get a free copy in exchange for your review, please send me an email to <jasiek@snafu.de>. I will send a few (in case of many requests, not to everybody) copies of these books to reviewers of at least the stated minimal EGF rank (the stated range indicates also my recommended maximal rank of a reader wishing to learn something, but reviewers can be up to 9p):

- Positional Judgement 1 - Territory (8k - 4d)
- Fighting Fundamentals (13k - 5d)
- Life and Death Problems 1 - Basics (20k - 5k)

Please state your name, L19 name and rank. A reviewer should be interested in a book's topic, not belong to the "only problems is the best book style" (because the books contain also theory) or "anti-author" factions, read seriously and carefully, solve all problems and write a review with at least 700 words within about 6 weeks while stating his real name and rank in the review. Reviews are to be published a) here and on Sensei's Library and / or b) in a journal.

Post subject: Re: Review Copies
Post #2 Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:39 am 
Judan

Another round of reviews starts. If you would like to get a free copy in exchange for your review, please send me an email to <jasiek@snafu.de>. I will send a few (in case of many requests, not to everybody) copies of these books to reviewers being in the first stated range of EGF ranks:

- Easy Learning: Joseki (13 kyu - 9 dan)
- Endgame 1 - Fundamentals (18 kyu - 9 dan) (18 kyu - 1 kyu)
- Tactical Reading (13 kyu - 9 dan)

Please state your name, L19 name and rank. A reviewer should be interested in a book's topic, not belong to the "only problems is the best book style" (because the books contain also theory), read seriously and carefully, solve all problems, apply the book's contents to his games and, after ca. 2 months (to give enough time for application to the reviewer's own games), write a review with at least 700 words while stating his real name and rank in the review. Reviews are to be published a) here and on Sensei's Library (both as text instead of links) and / or b) in a journal.

A reviewer of Endgame 1 having a rank in the second stated range must also send SGFs of his seriously played games with finished endgames: 3 SGFs before and 3 SGFs after reading the book. I will check if the review's description of the book's impact on strength improvement complies with the reviewer's actual improvement of his endgame and whether the reviewer will have learnt to apply the contents. The books are also written with the purpose of significantly improving strength. While for the other two books this can hardly be measured (josekis have only a partial impact on a game result; reading occurs much more in one's thinking than can be seen on the board), strength improvement or its absence can be measured for the endgame. Hence, I intend to publish some endgame comments on the reviewers' games (with opponent names anonymised) so that the reviews can be better appreciated in context.

Post #3 Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:08 am 
Judan

Another review round starts. If you would like to get a free copy in exchange for your review, please send me an email to <jasiek@snafu.de>. I will send a few (in case of many requests, not to everybody) copies of these books to reviewers of at least the stated minimum EGF rank (the stated range indicates also my recommended maximum rank of a reader wishing to learn something, but reviewers can be up to 9p):

- Positional Judgement 2 - Dynamics (5k - 5d)
- First Life and Death (30k - 5k)
- Endgame 2 - Values (13 kyu - 9 pro)
- Endgame 3 - Accurate Local Evaluation (5 kyu - 9 pro)
- Endgame Problems 1 (8 kyu - 3 dan)

Please state your name, L19 name and rank. A reviewer should be interested in a book's topic, not belong to the "only problems is the best book style" (because the books contain also theory), read seriously and carefully, solve all problems and write a review with at least 700 words within 2 months while stating his real name and rank in the review. Reviews are to be published a) here and on Sensei's Library and / or b) in a journal.

If you want to review an endgame book, you are familiar with school mathematics (brackets, fractions, variables), also mention the endgame books you have read before and have 4 months for writing the review.

Uh, and the previous non-reviewer knows what to do...

Post #4 Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:06 am 
Judan

- Capturing Races 2 - Tactical Problems
- Positional Judgement 2 - Dynamics
- First Life and Death

and other books on request are available to some extent as free copies in exchange for a serious review on L19 and Sensei's Library with reviewer's real name and rank stated. Please send requests to <jasiek@snafu.de>.