It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HGL Site + Joining
Post #1 Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:51 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 183
Was liked: 100
Universal go server handle: hailthorn
I've decided not to use the Case's Ladder website for the HGL because the interface is too complicated and convoluted. Besides, I figure simply posting the information here in this sub-forum will get more views anyway. So it makes things easier for me and everyone else involved. :D

I will handle the statistics all on my own. All you have to do to join is post your interest here and I'll mark you as joined. Hopefully this makes things easier for everyone.

So, if you'd like to join, please feel free. I've been trying for the better part of the last few months to get something like this going. It's not easy. Really. It's not. I can't promise these early tournaments will have prizes, but things like that can be implemented once there have been a few successful tournaments. And believe me, I'd love to offer prizes.

Right now, this is an amateur project with small goals and ambitions. I'm not looking for hundreds of members. My goal is to get...5-6 members who can play maybe 1 tournament a month. If the HGL can get that, I'll consider it successful. As a matter of fact, for most of my tournaments, you won't even have to be a member of the HGL to participate.

Again, I know there's really no point to participate right now other than to have fun, but one day my goal is for this to be something worth playing in. You just have to take small steps to get to the big picture. In the past, I tried to get these things with gigantic steps and often missed the smaller, finer details. This time, I'm willing to be patient and allow growth before I embark upon anything on a grand scale.

It all starts with you. No league, club, ect. is possible without players. So, if you like the idea of tournaments being provided on a regular basis (and prizes being given sometime in the future) then feel free to join.