It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recommendation for Kaz's internet Go school
Post #1 Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:41 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 3
I started playing Go as an adult (late 20s) and reached 7-8 kyu fairly fast in a few months. At this point I decided to find a teacher to help me progress and get better steadily.

I found Kaz's internet Go school and decided to try one lesson to see if the teaching would be a good fit for me.

Right after the first lesson I knew that the way Kaz taught was extraordinary and purchased his Special Lesson A.The way lessons work is this:

1. Kaz first analyses your 10 games and finds your weakest points.
2. Based on that, he sends you a bunch of tests which you comment on.
3. You send the answers to Kaz.
4. After analyzing your answers, Kaz will send you a set of problems tailored to your biggest weaknesses.
5. You study the tests and those problems.

Solving the tests and those problems will not only fix your own weaknesses, but also allow you to spot mistakes made by your opponents, and learn a lot of basic shapes, tesuji, concepts, etc.

I have taken 7 lessons in the last 3 months so far and can feel the basic shapes Kaz teaches come to life in my own games. My rating is currently 4-5 kyu and I am getting better fast. I can beat players that used to teach me just a few months back in even games.

I would like to recommend Kaz's internet Go school to anyone who wants to get better at playing this beautiful game. I sure as hell am going to take another lessons from Kaz for a long time to come.

Marek :)

This post by Sylsion was liked by: xed_over

Post subject: Re: Recommendation for Kaz's internet Go school
Post #2 Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:33 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 6
Was liked: 4
The only problem is that he hasn't been accepting new students for a very long time now. It says since January of this year on his website, but I had asked several times in 2015 as well and was told he had too many students. I think I'm the reason he put that on his website..