Post #21 Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:15 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 0
KGS: KGS 1k-2D
Tygem: 3D
IGS: 2K
OGS: 2k-2D
Yes, i am accused of sandbagging, while in fact my rank is ridiculously inflated....

Post subject: Re: Ridiculous OGS Moderator
Post #22 Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:14 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Have you tried sending a mail to appeals@online-go.com? That’s the recommended way to resolve such conflicts. Might take two weeks though, as the mods have a lot live work to do also.

This post by Bonobo was liked by 2 people: hyperpape, Joaz Banbeck

Post #23 Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 45
Was liked: 25
wingly wrote:
Yes, i am accused of sandbagging, while in fact my rank is ridiculously inflated....

So would you have been happier if he had banned you for inflating your rank instead?

This post by zac was liked by: Bonobo

Post #24 Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:38 pm 
Dies in gote

Zac, is airbagging a bannable offense in any other go server? And back then, I'm just proud that I found a bug in the AI that anyone else found difficulty to beat and I even share it with other user in general OGS chat back then, all the mods are present but none of them ban or reprimand me for it, I will go further to say then some other users back then also try and airbag to 3-4D as well. By the way back then, you can also set your account to 6D to begin with.

And yes, if he ban me for airbagging, I would be able to accept it because it is something that I did, if it somehow goes against TOS.

as the question before, I sent 4-5 emails to appeals@online-go.com, then I also create a thread in OGS forum, with my other 1D account which is locked and deleted by this Melville dude..... Plus the suddenly my 1D account is also banned, basically any form of communication to this dude will result on BAN on whatever account I used.....

I wrote this thread to show the Mod that is supposed to be a volunteer job, but refuse to do anything other than being a prick and show off his power of banning, instead of looking for the facts. Maybe OGS could put being a SDK at the very least to become a mod, because DDK mod maybe has no idea about the effort needed for someone to become a dan player or SDK player and the mental aspects in game.

Post #25 Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 11:15 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 45
Was liked: 25
wingly wrote:
Zac, is airbagging a bannable offense in any other go server?

I don't know, I didn't know sandbagging was a bannable offence on OGS. I would have assumed that if sandbagging was bannable then so would airbagging. I would think any deliberate manipulation of the ranking system could be seen as cheating.

wingly wrote:
DDK mod maybe has no idea about the effort needed for someone to become a dan player or SDK player and the mental aspects in game.

Apparently not much effort at all, if you can inflate your rank by exploiting a scoring bug.

Really, I'm being facetious. I just don't know how upset you can be when you manipulate your rank, and then get banned for manipulating your rank, despite it being in two different directions.

Post #26 Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:43 am 
Dies in gote

Well maybe that is actually funny, but as I have said in this thread a backdoor called VPN exist.... And its Glicko system on OGS made it easy to make new id and get the rank back in say 7 blitz, which takes around 1 hour at max...... and I already got 4-5 new ID on this experiments at 2D-4k level.... So thank you for your all your concerns, I will try to sandbag for a while like this Melville dude wish, see whether I will get banned again or not, even if i did, maybe just make new one....

Another funny bug on OGS, if you made an ID then dont register email they said that you wont be able to chat, but usually after 2-3 days, you would be able to chat whether you register email or not.... Just kinda speechless, if you see those Asian servers like Tygem,Foxxy,Panda have way more player and easy to find games, and they dont even ban people over there, except for maybe bot....

Post #27 Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:30 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 177
Was liked: 491
Manipulating your rank doesn't seem to be explicitly forbidden on OGS according to the terms of service but it is explicitly forbidden on KGS. I don't know if there are such rules on asian servers, but I noticed that a significant percentage of players on Tygem (10% ou 20% ? didn't count) resign while being ahead, while others refuse to count and keep playing silly moves hoping that their opponent will resign...

Post #28 Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:09 am 
Judan

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 786
wingly wrote:
I'm just proud that I found a bug in the AI that anyone else found difficulty to beat and I even share it.

You have every right to be proud about the discovery!

Post #29 Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:57 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 5
OGS: AdamR
Hello,

full disclosure – I made a new account only to answer your concerns as you seem to have trouble reaching us and will probably fail to monitor the thread regularly as I have too many accounts to watch over already.

First off, sorry if we missed your e-mail appeal, I actually do not see any e-mail regarding the two usernames you have mentioned in the recent history, but it is entirely possible we missed them; it should not, but unfortunately has happened before, and I apologize.

I am not sure I understand the complaint to full extent. As I did not handle your reports personally I am playing catch up a bit and the whole story seems rather complex, but after a first look at “HansNa“ history I must honestly say I would have banned it as well. Finding a bug is awesome and admittedly rewarding (for some reason I also really enjoy finding flaws in other people’s work), finding the same mistake 30 times over and over again in ranked games is unfortunately (and surely you have to agree) hard to interpret as anything else than intentional abuse and rank manipulation. I am happy to try and discuss the issue with you and it is entirely possible it was just a misunderstanding (over all the time I am sure I have misjudged some reports too), but you will have to forgive me, given the circumstances labels like “ridiculous” and “powermad” seem rather unfounded and unfair.

Over my years on OGS as a moderator I am quite happy to say that I have rarely in my life encountered a group of people so kind, willing to sacrifice literally hours of their daily lives (for free) to try and keep the community happy and solve the inevitable disputes as well as possible. That said, yes, we are all humans and as we mostly deal with the more problematic side of the community, sometimes the patience does run thin, and there is no doubt we have all also misjudged some situations. If you believe you have been wronged, please try to discuss the issue calmly. I get that emotions can get stirred when one feels justified, but that only makes the issue harder to solve.

If you already have a new account that is getting ranked, I would say let’s leave it at that, but if you would like to discuss the issue further, feel free to PM me, I will be happy to answer.

AdamR

This post by AdamR was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, ez4u, Harleqin, Leira

Post #30 Posted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:56 pm 
Dies in gote

Thank you for your reply AdamR, finally a sensible answer that i can accept to move on, the reason i said those angry words is because when I PM'ed the Melville, the only answer is a BAN and cant made any new accs... Without any warning or 3 days ban like in KGS, That is why I have to use vpn to connect to OGS these days, to ensure the said mod dont know its me..

I apologize if its against the TOS and i have no idea of airbagging is forbidden iN OGS...

The story is not that complex, It began from my id raphael87 3k is banned for sandbagging, coz I have the inflated 8d id, so i wrote to appeals@online-go.com I got no answer, finally I wrote in OGS forum, which he replied as above,then locked, delete the thread and ban the user wingZ 1d I used to made the thread. Next I logon to my HansNa, find messages from him about the sandbag, i replied his message, *ask if i lose game and drop in rank would I get banned?", which got me banned again. That is why i said angry terms above....