It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Solar System Metrics (Does the Moon Exists?)
Post #1 Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:02 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.

I don't know why a circle and square sized according to what was said wasn't shown. . .

Post subject: Re: Solar System Metrics (Does the Moon Exists?)
Post #2 Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:25 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 168
IGS: kvasir
It is incredible that no one has built a rocket to go there and take a look :roll:

Seriously. The relationships between the length of the year, the size of the Moon and other objects in the solar system stated in this video to be "perfect" are far from exact. You could for example fit 109 Earths across the face of the Sun not just 108, the video's graphics even state that 108 Earths only cover 98.8% of the Sun's face (enough space for one more Earth). Look closely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eOMkWjRY0M&t=146s

It would be incredible if all these numbers 108, 273, 400 and what not turned up exactly as claimed in the video. However, there is no reason not to claim that 109, 274 and 401 don't have the same significance when allowing for the precision of the measurements to be fudged in the same way by simply stating it is the same number in each case.

This post by kvasir was liked by 2 people: Elom0, Joaz Banbeck

Post subject: Re: Solar System Metrics (Does the Moon Exists?)
Post #3 Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:30 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
kvasir wrote:
It is incredible that no one has built a rocket to go there and take a look :roll:

Seriously. The relationships between the length of the year, the size of the Moon and other objects in the solar system stated in this video to be "perfect" are far from exact. You could for example fit 109 Earths across the face of the Sun not just 108, the video's graphics even state that 108 Earths only cover 98.8% of the Sun's face (enough space for one more Earth). Look closely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eOMkWjRY0M&t=146s

It would be incredible if all these numbers 108, 273, 400 and what not turned up exactly as claimed in the video. However, there is no reason not to claim that 109, 274 and 401 don't have the same significance when allowing for the precision of the measurements to be fudged in the same way by simply stating it is the same number in each case.

I agree. I think the hyperbole, as I feel is often the case with these kinds of silly hyperbole in scientific videos, makes it difficult to take seriously. However, if we skip the overdramatic claims of precision and, allow for a 5% error ratio in all these claims, it is still satisfyingly neat (there doesn't seem to be any 'doubles' in the video, things that would occur anyway due to previous claims). In other words, everything between 106-110, 271-275, 498-402 follows that pattern. Okay, interesting. Or we could say, anything within the percentage range that makes the eclipse still work.

I do like that the sound and other dynamics on the moon seem to contradict what physicists deem possible in nature. It shows that even on the moon there is still a lot to learn!

Claims are made that are exaggerated but not necessarily false. Then the exaggeration is addressed, correctly but not the essence. However the debunking of the exaggeration is treated as a debunking of the essence, so the claim that 'fake news' was debunked was itself an exaggeration because they debunked the exaggeration not the statement, but the debunking exaggeration ends up worse because it's more misleading at a fundamental level, haha :lol: I guess level-headedness is needed on both sides. My theory is that the moon got jealous and decided to move away until it blocked the sun, haha :)

My real theory is that it could be that an eclipse is somehow essential or commonly to the development of complex life. Otherwise theres no reason for it to occur.