All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anti-Social Media, probably
Post #1 Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:33 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 1023
Was liked: 30
KGS: Elom, Windnwater
OGS: Elom, Elom0
Online playing schedule: The OGS data looks pretty so I'll pause for now before I change it.
I avoided having any kind of social media for years, except this site. I hadn't been on YouTube for a while. Very recently I caved in and made accounts on some, cringe popular 'social' media sites. Well, there's nothing social about these dehumanising money driven linear one-dimensional numeric reward driven anti-wholesome virtual Pavlov machines. Unfortunately, and my stubborn nature makes me automatically want to go against anything I feel I'm being coerced into doing or way of behaving. Reddit is WAY better than any of these. The other's are rubbish, YouTube, Instagram, maybe Twitter is not quite so bad but it's the best of a bad standard. The Chinese version of Tik Tok encourages healthy and moral behaviour, something I would like to use except the international version is specifically designed to do the opposite. I'll never understand how people get addicted to such rubbish platforms. Then again, maybe I'm going a bit extreme. These days I find it very satisfying to be away from a smartphone. I've become one of those old anti-tech boomers in my 20's. Maybe I'm suffering from reverse-tech addiction?