All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dwightmare
Post #1 Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:20 pm 
Judan

Liked others: 1103
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
I'm a casual NBA fan. Being in LA, this year has been rather...uhh...interesting. Yeah, 'interesting' is the best way I can describe it.

And it is getting more interesting. Dwight Howard - possibly the second most valuable player in the game today - is apparently undecided about where he wants to play.

Does anybody fully understand what is going on here? Why the Lakers can offer him more? But over 5 rather than 4 years? Is there a basketball equivalent of Jasiak here who can explain Bird rights?

My take on the whole matter is this: anybody who is paid tens of milions of dollars per year to win but laughs when he misses a free throw should be traded...for a draft pick, or a bench warmer, or even a good janitor.

But the Clippers are offering Griffin and Bledsoe and an unspecified draft pick. Griffin is an all star, almost as much of a game changer as Howard, and he is three years younger. Bledsoe could probably start on any team in the NBA - except one with Chris Paul. And the Lakers need a point guard who is not collecting social security.

I think that the Clippers are insane to offer such a deal, and the Lakers are insane to not accept before the Clippers recover their senses.