It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introducing DipGo
Post #1 Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:41 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
Hi. I'd like to let everyone here know about DipGo (https://dipgo.net/), a server for playing Multicolour Go with up to 9 colours. It has private and public chat inspired by online versions of Diplomacy and players can play in teams if they wish.

You can find out more about it here - https://dipgo.net/about

The server has only been running for around a year and hasn't been in development for very much longer than that, so the player base is small and there are still many bugs to be ironed out and improvements to be made, but I hope any of you who play will enjoy it for what it is and maybe gain some insights into the nature of Multicolour Go by playing and browsing through games.

One last thing, it is a web-app - it works in-browser with no requirement to download an app or other software and it even works (fairly well) without Javascript enabled. There are no ads, third party cookies or any other nonsense of that sort either. And it is free to play.

I hope some of you will join us for a game. All the best to everyone here!

Post subject: Re: Introducing DipGo
Post #2 Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:25 pm 
Beginner

KGS: Gooplet
Tygem: Goopie
IGS: Gooplet
OGS: Gooplet
This is really cool! I see you have settings to accommodate for red-green colorblindness, too. Have you gotten any feedback from colorblind players?

And is there any future where the site supports post-game analysis? I love what you're doing!

Post subject: Re: Introducing DipGo
Post #3 Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:49 am 
Beginner

Gooplet wrote:
This is really cool! I see you have settings to accommodate for red-green colorblindness, too. Have you gotten any feedback from colorblind players?

And is there any future where the site supports post-game analysis? I love what you're doing!

Hi Gooplet, thank you for your kind words.

Yes, the colourblind mode was developed with the help of players with deuteranomaly (red-green weakness) and deuteranopia (complete red-green blindness). Adding the element symbols to the original stones helped a little with telling the stones apart, but this was still very difficult for players with deuteranopia since the stones are often small and in complex positions.

I'm reliably informed the custom colour-scheme is a big help for colourblind players, though there will always be room for improvement. I'd recommend "Designing for Color-blindness in Games" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFs9ghIIEI for anyone interested in this field.

Post-game analysis is on the radar and will be implemented (hopefully) sooner than later.

Thanks again, all the best.