Post subject: Korean videos in English
Post #1 Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:50 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 151
Was liked: 117
KGS: Ferran
IGS: Ferran
OGS: Ferran
I found a list while looking for Cho Chikun, by Baduk TV. I'm not aware it's been posted here or in r/, so...

Here. The subs are embedded, I believe, but if you wourld want the video without, I believe they're elsewhere in the channel.

Also, it's been posted on reddit that Cho Hyeheon has several videos (more, incoming) for the Malaysian Go Association. Wasn't a Malaysian a recent 1p member by the NK?

Take care.

This post by Ferran was liked by: mycophobia

Post subject: Re: Korean videos in English
Post #2 Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:37 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 136
Thanks! If you want to enjoy the dozens of full-length programs, you might want to spend for the YouTube prime because the ads will make you nuts.

I scrolled down and found a series called "12 Week Miracle" in which two beginners are followed on their path from zero knowledge to their official 7 kyu evaluation matches while being coached by two professionals. Fans will recognize the pros. The instruction is sound, the games everyone plays are real and reflect real world progression. I'm enjoying the series.

Universal fundamentals: Corners first, pincer when supported, move up not down, keep emotions out of your game, and expect to lose at least half your games against equal strength opponents.

Production values in the series are high but there's plenty of reality TV-style filler between the go/baduk stuff. If the series of 16 programs could be edited down to, say, four hours, it would be a great way to bring beginners along and to show beginners there is no shortcut! The path to single digits is instruction, play, study, play, attend classes, and more play.

Post subject: Re: Korean videos in English
Post #3 Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:55 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 21
KGS: Rowen
Tygem: Kotaru
IGS: Rowen
Thanks @bogiesan and @Ferran I hadn't found either of those but think I would enjoy watching them very much. Added them to my watch list lol.