It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Web Video Series on Go : Great for club outreach
Post #1 Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:49 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 33
So I'm turning Sunday Go Lessons into a site where you can rent videos on Go for $1 and get unlimited viewing 24/7 for a full month. The site should be open by late August, sometime between August 15th and 30th. However, I need some help from the Go community to make it happen. I'm doing a crowd funding campaign for the next 30 days to raise enough money to finish the website, finish my makeshift Go video studio (right out of my house!), and do some advertising.

The videos will help clubs get new members by helping with Go outreach, and I also want more videos out there to help people get stronger. I focus a lot on single digit kyu players, but there is plenty for everyone. My focus is to get people to forget the bad moves by changing the way we think about strategy. I have some videos up on youtoube already, just so you get a sense of my style.

Please visit my campaign website here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/888396672/ancient-chinese-strategy-game-of-go-video-series#HowLongHaveYouBeenIntoThisWholGoThin

There are plenty of great prizes for those of you who decide to chip in, like free lectures or free in-depth game reviews. Consider putting in just $10, and you'll get 15 free lectures, meaning you get 5 for free. I've also got some photos of the Yu Changhyuk Baduk Dojo where I studied, as well as links to my online videos.

Thanks all!

Post subject: Re: Web Video Series on Go : Great for club outreach
Post #2 Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 33
Over 30% of the way there! Thanks everyone! There will be more videos in the coming weeks if you're curious as to how they're coming out!