It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for a DGS game, any rank
Post #1 Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:10 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 5
So I've posted here before for game reviews and received great feedback from you all. The problem is everytime I get into go, we have a baby and I take a year+ off. Well that's done now and I am looking for anyone to play a casual DGS game with me to help me get back into go. I need DGS because the iPhone app will send a notification for my turn.

If anyone has suggestions for other servers that have apps that send notifications let me know. Email notices don't count.

Just drop me your DGS user name and I'll create the game. I figure this is better than dropping my username and receiving several game invites.

I'm probably around 15 kyu or worse....

Post subject: Re: Looking for a DGS game, any rank
Post #2 Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:30 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 85
Was liked: 85
GD Posts: 100
Hi, DGS and children work well together! I started playing on DGS when our 1st child was born. At the moment I'm lazy and only play on there.

my DGS rank is 6k, userid hughjfan . Feel free to send me an invite if you want to, even or handi, you choose.

btw, creating game requests in the waiting room on DGS is easy and is a very quick way to start some games.

Post #3 Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
Xai wrote:
So I've posted here before for game reviews and received great feedback from you all. The problem is everytime I get into go, we have a baby and I take a year+ off. Well that's done now and I am looking for anyone to play a casual DGS game with me to help me get back into go. I need DGS because the iPhone app will send a notification for my turn.

If anyone has suggestions for other servers that have apps that send notifications let me know. Email notices don't count.

Just drop me your DGS user name and I'll create the game. I figure this is better than dropping my username and receiving several game invites.

I'm probably around 15 kyu or worse....

I have this vision of a house overflowing with small kids while you and your wife play a new variation of go.

Post #4 Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:28 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 5
Thanks CnP! I will start a game later tonight. I want to play even first, don't worry about dominating. If we play subsequent games maybe I will ask for a handi. I learn by losing :)

This post by Xai was liked by: CnP

Post #5 Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:27 am 
Lives in gote

Great, I've just accepted your invitation. Any setup is fine by me. I once took white in a 16 stone handicap game on DGS (and won!) but all games are interesting.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:30 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 288
Was liked: 65
OGS: Joellercoaster
I've just joined DGS as an experiment with a friend... I have set my rank at a guess at 21k, I hope it's not too presumptuous to challenge you?

Post #7 Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:51 am 
Lives in gote

Do you mean Xai or me? I'd be happy to play.

Post #8 Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:09 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 288
Was liked: 65
OGS: Joellercoaster
I originally meant Xai, but either is good - I don't have any games against players that much stronger than me yet, so I'm certainly not going to say no!

(So much for trying to wean myself from correspondence to real-time :P)