It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Html5 Go Board
Post #41 Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:49 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 10
Was liked: 16
This is wonderful. thank you very much for writing this!

This post by cyndane was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #42 Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:06 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 19
Was liked: 46
Really awesome work, KOCMOHABT!

By the way, there is a new website that is trying to form a community for reviewing games:
go-academy.org

Currently, the website uses wgo.js to display games/reviews, but they are missing the feature of being able to create reviews directly online (relying instead on players using an external SGF editor for creating the reviews).

Perhaps, they could integrate your editor into their site in order to enable online review creation. I already made such a suggestion on their "Ideas for Improvements" page:
http://go-academy.org/content/ideas-improvement

This post by YeGO was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #43 Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:58 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
YeGO wrote:
Perhaps, they could integrate your editor into their site in order to enable online review creation. I already made such a suggestion on their "Ideas for Improvements" page:
http://go-academy.org/content/ideas-improvement

From my point of view, all what they need for online review - it's functionallity for Load and Save sgf files from code but not from board interface... And they already can do it :D. There is API for working with board from code. There are functions for load and save files in sgf format, so they can do it easily.

Post #44 Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:39 am 
Lives with ko

Update 0.9.47 - common version for script and both Chrome and FF extensions. Chrome extension must be updated automatically (but u can do it right now manually from chrome://extensions page). For updating FF-extension u need to download it again (because FF-extension still doesn't checked by FF-team, position 144 from 161).

Chrome-extension and FF-extension: If request comes from iframe now will be opened new tab with WGB (fixed bug with that link http://www.lifein19x19.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184759#p184759). Added match title to title of html-page.
FF Extension: Fixed bug with cached requests (some link didn't opened WGB on second click). Reworked opening of local files, now file opening is asynchronous (hope this helps with fixing crashing FF after drag-n-drop files in browser).
WGB changes: Now target is hinding from board after any keydown. Changed hotkeys for Adding/removing rules now hotkey is Ctrl+R and for change variant-view mode now hotkey is Ctrl+V (old hotkeys work differently on different browsers). Added mimeType for downloading SGF's from editor.

Post #45 Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:50 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
The FF extension seems to be gone from the link previously posted. Since the page is in Russian, I might be missing something. However, it was simple last time. Now even the search box does not find it.

Chrome works as advertised. One hint for others though. I had to go to the extension page and click off and then click on again the "allow access to file URL's" checkbox for everything to work correctly. (Chrome bug?) :scratch:

Post #46 Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:05 am 
Lives with ko

Quote:
The FF extension seems to be gone from the link previously posted. Since the page is in Russian, I might be missing something. However, it was simple last time. Now even the search box does not find it.

FF-team rejected my extension because they don't trust my main script goboardmin.js :sad: When i will fix this issue i let u know.

Quote:
Chrome works as advertised. One hint for others though. I had to go to the extension page and click off and then click on again the "allow access to file URL's" checkbox for everything to work correctly. (Chrome bug?) :scratch:

It's not a bug.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: DinoKino

Post #47 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:55 am 
Lives with ko

Guys, pls uninstall old FF-extension and install new one https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/addon/web-gobaduk-board/ (new name Web Go/Baduk Board). I talking to one of FF-admins and he adviced me to upload extension with new UUID, that's why u can't upgrade old extension. After reinstalling extension you may need to restart Mozilla. Thanks!

Update 0.9.50 (Site, FF-extension, Chrome-extension):
Now u can perform almost all operations from help file by clicking onto hotkey combination (there should be hint 'click to do it' and pointer cursor). Add new function to make current varint mainly - Ctrl+Shift+M hotkey. Now saved sgf have content-type 'application/x-go-sgf' and FF recognize it like sgf but not like txt as it did before.

PS: Who had problems with opening (or drag-n-drop) local files in FF-extension, pls tell me how it goes in new version.

Post #48 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:50 am 
Oza

Drag and drop continues to crash FF. This is regardless of whether it is an sgf downloaded using FF or from another source.

Post #49 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 am 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
Drag and drop continues to crash FF.

Screen shot of browser with opened firebug(f12) in time when it happens would be awesome.

Post #50 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:06 am 
Oza

I don't notice anything change, but here you go!
Attachment:
Web board crash 2015-03-26_23-02-53.jpg
Web board crash 2015-03-26_23-02-53.jpg [ 233.81 KiB | Viewed 11572 times ]

Post #51 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:08 am 
Lives with ko

Open new tab, open firebug, click console in firebug, try to drag-n-drop sgf file in that tab, make a screenshot. Thank you.

Do u have any other extensions working with files? If yes, pls try to disable them and try again to drag-n-drop.

Post #52 Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:30 pm 
Oza

Here it is. It does not seem very informative. Note that firebug also stops responding so nothing shows up.
Attachment:
New tab with console 2015-03-27_10-23-32.jpg
New tab with console 2015-03-27_10-23-32.jpg [ 155.02 KiB | Viewed 11561 times ]

Post #53 Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:33 am 
Lives with ko

Can u pls check, does drag-n-drop for sgf file work in ur browser with disabled WebGoBoard extension?

Post #54 Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:59 am 
Oza

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
This was a long story. I tried disabling WebGoBoard. Woops! FF crashed anyway. WTF? :scratch:
There was no entry for 'sgf' in mimeTypes.rdf in my FF profile so I checked the windows registry. In the registry sgf is assigned to Gowrite 2 (weird because if I double click on an sgf file, it opens in Drago not GW2!). I uninstalled GW2 and meanwhile used CCleaner to 'fix' all the issues in my registry. Reboot, restart FF and I got the text version of the sgf file. Reenabled WebGoBoard and suddenly it all works! I am sorry to take up so much of your time on what turned out to be my issue. I thank you very much for your patience and the key hint that pointed me to a solution. Thanks again for WebGoBoard!!! :tmbup:

(Cough, cough) BTW, is there a way to display coordinates in WGB? :bow:

Edit: My post looked strange after I posted it so I went back to the registry. There are various other registry entries for sgf files since I have a variety of programs on my PC. In any case uninstalling GW2 seems to have been what did it for me. However, it may have been some other registry fix. Then again it may have been something else... :-?

Post #55 Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:52 am 
Lives with ko

I'm glad to hear that now everything is ok. :)

Quote:
(Cough, cough) BTW, is there a way to display coordinates in WGB?

Ofc, Ctrl+R combination or u can perform this operation from help file.

Post #56 Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:02 am 
Oza

Thanks! I have to learn to use it now. :oops:

Post #57 Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:42 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 6
ez4u wrote:
In any case uninstalling GW2 seems to have been what did it for me. However, it may have been some other registry fix. Then again it may have been something else... :-?

I don't think it was GW2s fault, since I have never installed that program. Too bad I am not so experienced with operating systems, I don't think I will be able to fix this so easily. But I will try uninstalling a couple add-ons and other programs.

Post #58 Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:01 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 47
Universal go server handle: djllap
I am having trouble with both the Chrome extension and downloading sgf files that I have created with on goban.org. I am using a Chromebook, which may be the root of both problems. I have yet to try with my Windows computer.

When I try to open a sgf file in a new tab, I get a "file not found" error. Also, every link to download a sgf is now opened (or attempted to be opened) in a new tab.

When I tried to download the review I was working on, it didn't give me the option for .sgf format. It wanted me to download the entire webpage. I tried manually changing the fie extension, but it turned out unreadable files. Now every time I save, it only gives me .sgf file option, but they still can't be read.

Any idea what is going on? I will be able to use my Windows computer to test it tonight. It is a shame, because Chrome OS has no software available for it (that I know of) that can edit sgfs, so if I can get this to work, it will really be a great help.

EDIT:

Everything works perfectly in Chrome on my Windows computer, so the problem must be in the Chrome OS. I will probably play around with it and see if I can find a solution.

Post #59 Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:28 pm 
Lives with ko

DJLLAP wrote:
I am having trouble with both the Chrome extension and downloading sgf files that I have created with on goban.org. I am using a Chromebook, which may be the root of both problems.

Ok, i got chromebook for the weekend, hope i will be able to fix this issue.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Bonobo

Post #60 Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:57 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 36
KGS: emerus
Tygem: emerus
OGS: emerus
Thanks for creating this. :)

This post by emerus was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next