It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #21 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:18 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
Ootakamoku wrote:
Should enable coordinates when watching games, and disable them when playing games, by default.
Since its practically impossible to kibitz without coordinates, yet not really used for anything while playing on self, except maybe teaching games.

You can turn on/off coordinates by Ctrl+R hotkey (Focus have to be on the board at that time)

Post #22 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:48 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
Great work so far!

I think I had seen your web-go-board Chrome extension before, but I never really played with it. Now I see that it's really great, especially for easy integration with L19.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nfo-dialog

I can click on a diagram or sgf in L19, and it loads directly into Chrome for editing. Then you can ctrl-D and it exports an ASCII diagram you can paste back into L19. Very convenient.

Another great feature is the color marks. You can paint 4 different background colors, with 4 different "depths". So I used different colors to mark white and black territory. The great thing is you can use the depth to double count intersections with dead stones on them. And then you just do ctrl-O and it adds up the marks. I can see this being used for those AGA broadcasts which so famously feature counting multiple times. ;-)

Here is a quick example count I did on a random KGS game: http://i.imgur.com/gUPn7ZT.jpg

This post by yoyoma was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post subject:
Post #23 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:35 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
Hi KOCMOHABT,

I like the :black: and :white: stones "stock" photos if the user has no avatar,
and the robot cartoon photo -- these are very nice touches --
and they can only improve over time (with better, pro quality photos, etc. ).

Thanks. :)
Attachment:
B_avatar.jpg
B_avatar.jpg [ 13.87 KiB | Viewed 21953 times ]
Attachment:
W_avatar.jpg
W_avatar.jpg [ 9.43 KiB | Viewed 21953 times ]
Attachment:
bot_avatar.jpg
bot_avatar.jpg [ 12.81 KiB | Viewed 21953 times ]

This post by EdLee was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #24 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:13 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 13
KGS: ZeroKun
I've recently found Sabaki and the stones in my opinion are the best semi-flat stones I've seen yet. Would love to get something like that on this.

This post by ZeroKun was liked by: eyecatcher

Post subject:
Post #25 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:00 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 349
Was liked: 2076
GD Posts: 312
ZeroKun wrote:
Sabaki and the stones in my opinion are the best semi-flat stones I've seen yet.
Hi ZeroKun,

Yea, Sabaki's stones are very elegant and beautiful -- simple & good design strikes again -- no-brainer for me as a definite option, a definite step-up from the plain flat :black: and :white: circles. They look great, especially on a small mobile device. A great option to be included in the set of pretty stones. :)

Post #26 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:46 pm 
Lives with ko

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ldbkhhj?hl

Chrome Extension

Post #27 Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:40 am 
Lives in gote

I think there is a problem with shared IPs and IP banning on KGS. It looks like someone got IP banned while using GoUniverse, and now I got banned also because everyone using GoUniverse use the same IP from KGS' point of view. I sent an email to admin@gokgs.com asking about this. Haven't heard back yet but I've confirmed this is the problem because I asked someone else with a different IP to try GoUniverse and they got the same ban message.

From the Chrome console:
Upload success: type = LOGIN
Client.js:612 Object {text: "time for a break from KGS.... please note that "fu" is not appropriate anywhere here", type: "LOGIN_FAILED_KEEP_OUT"}
Client.js:619 Object {type: "LOGOUT"}

Post #28 Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:27 pm 
Lives with ko

yoyoma wrote:
I think there is a problem with shared IPs and IP banning on KGS. It looks like someone got IP banned while using GoUniverse, and now I got banned also because everyone using GoUniverse use the same IP from KGS' point of view. I sent an email to admin@gokgs.com asking about this. Haven't heard back yet but I've confirmed this is the problem because I asked someone else with a different IP to try GoUniverse and they got the same ban message.

From the Chrome console:
Client.js:612 Object {text: "time for a break from KGS.... please note that "fu" is not appropriate anywhere here", type: "LOGIN_FAILED_KEEP_OUT"}

Thank you for posting it here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kgs-client-coding/clFSZT5PtZo because it's not client problem at all.

Post #29 Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:46 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 141
Was liked: 19
Universal go server handle: eyecatcher
It already looks quite impressive.
I`m waiting to have the function to not only join rooms but to see the games and look for games in that room.
Or is there a way already to do that and i just don`t get it?

Post #30 Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:45 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
yoyoma wrote:

From the Chrome console:

Akkkkkk....

That "reason" message was so specific, it's only been used once, so it's easy to find in the boot log. Turns out that the user was not using the GoUniverse client at the time, but after he was booted he tried to log in with the same username through the GoUniverse client, thereby transferring the block on that name to that IP address.

Unfortunately, that's a known problem when a number of users are logging in through a single IP address, but one user spoils it for all the others (schools get blocked often, and there was one time the entire Microsoft domain was completely blocked <insert suitable emoticon>).

I'm sorry this happened, because I want GoUniverse to be a useful part of KGS. We would really really like to have some way of uniquely identifying users rather than usernames and IP addresses, but biometric logins are a long way off, I'm afraid.

If it happens again, please write to the admin box, with details.

This post by Nyanjilla was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, daal

Post #31 Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:16 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
A more sustainable solution than admin intervention whenever a user of GoUniverse (or KGS Leben or another of these new web-based clients with a common proxy) gets banned thus banning all users of the service, would be for such clients to be able to pass through the IP of their client to KGS, so KGS could then use that IP as the key in its banning logic. This would mean a determined banned user could set up such a proxy and send a fake client IP to get around being banned, but seeing as that's probably harder than using a VPN or other means to get a new IP address as they can currently to circumvent the KGS IP ban I don't really see it as a problem.

This post by Uberdude was liked by: Nyanjilla

Post #32 Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:13 am 
Lives in gote

Uberdude -- wms has plans to get IP forwarding to work in the JSON gateway, which will fix the problem.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... lFSZT5PtZo

This post by yoyoma was liked by: Uberdude

Post #33 Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:40 am 
Lives with ko

eyecatcher wrote:
It already looks quite impressive.
I`m waiting to have the function to not only join rooms but to see the games and look for games in that room.
Or is there a way already to do that and i just don`t get it?

Double click in the games list should work.

Post #34 Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:23 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 9
Hello again.

The ability to play games coming soon? Or any other updates coming?

I see there has not been commits on github since july 10, so I am wondering if there is a longer break now, or can we expect updates soon

Post #35 Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:22 pm 
Lives with ko

floating wrote:
Hello again.

The ability to play games coming soon? Or any other updates coming?

I see there has not been commits on github since july 10, so I am wondering if there is a longer break now, or can we expect updates soon

I was on my vacation for 2 weeks. But this doesn't mean that i did nothing ;-) . An update will be soon with classic games list (room games/all games (like now)/followers games), also list of the player games will be added in the user info window. This update will come in 1-2 days.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 4 people: Bonobo, floating, Nyanjilla, yoyoma

Post #36 Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:52 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 27
Online playing schedule: noon-1p, 6p+ EST
This is good work. I can't wait to see how it improves.

This post by dracflamloc was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #37 Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:52 am 
Lives with ko

Version 1.1.0

Changes since last 1.0.1 version

- Reworked fadeIn, fadeOut effects. Fixed bug with no scrolling down chats after fadeIn.
- Reworked "last on" information line in the user info window. Now if user are offline you will see something like this: "Last on: 3 minutes ago (8/5/2016, 11:27:37 AM)"
- Added contextual menu to the games list. Now you can choose between "classic" CGoban list (with only room games), all games (like now) and followers games. Also you can enter to the any game through contextual menu.
- User info window was reworked: restyled page with info (and fixed the bug with random order of the info lines) and was added page with games list . For now you can join currently playing games, loading finished games under developing.
- Added owner and current editor icons in the users list inside a game room, so now you can easily find which user have the editor tool and which user had created demonstration.
- Fixed bug with no breaking a long words in chat.
- Added donate button.
- Now if you will click on the board with holding Ctrl button a comment with coordinates will be added.
- Implemented hints on the game board: if any user would type message with coordinates like "R7" or "t19" this message will be parsed and it will transform in a game board hint. If u will move over that comment with a coordinates you will see a hint on the board.

Post #38 Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:25 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
This is great, I've been using it to follow the EGC and USGC games on my phone (old way was frequently opening games from KGS archives). To make it more mobile friendly (i.e. only taps, no right click available) could I suggest clicking/tapping on a game in the list observes it: it's the only sensible action to take so having to long tap to get that fiddly pop up menu is creating unnecessary steps.

Post #39 Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:20 am 
Lives with ko

Uberdude wrote:
I suggest clicking/tapping on a game in the list observes it: it's the only sensible action to take so having to long tap to get that fiddly pop up menu is creating unnecessary steps.

Ok i'll try :D

PS: Someone got banned again and tried to connect through GoUniverse. Somewhy Shubert doesn't going to hurry up with fixing it (almost a month past away since this problem exploded) https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... lFSZT5PtZo
Very sad
{text: "swearing", type: "LOGIN_FAILED_KEEP_OUT"}

Post #40 Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:16 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 82
Was liked: 65
*sigh*

I do so want this to work, but....

It seems that someone (the same person as last time? can't remember) got booted for swearing, so then tried to log back in through gouniverse with the same username, infecting that IP address with his block. Gouniverse then changed IP addresses a few times, but people who had tried logging in through the previous (blocked) IP address and were also blocked, tried logging in with the new IP address, which infected that one. And so on.

I've released the block on anyone who tried to log in through gouniverse recently (including KOCMOHABT), but I can't release the block on older ones, such as that of the original foulmouth, so this might continue for a while.

I shall leave a stiff message to that person, but....

This post by Nyanjilla was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next