It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: GoUniverse (New KGS client)
Post #181 Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 175
KGS: KOCMOHABT
Ok, both ideas are great. Since i had found an unexpected bug in automatch system which should be fixed, there will be small update in 1-2 days, and both messages will be shown.

Thank you.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Waylon

Post #182 Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:58 pm 
Lives with ko

Version 1.3.3

1. Added a special message about ban system problem.
2. If ban happens, now you will see a message with reason of a ban (no need to open console anymore)
3. Fixed an issue with starting an automatch.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 3 people: Go_Japan, Kirby, Nyanjilla

Post #183 Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:34 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
Is there a way to start a review right after you finish a game? I can make local changes but not a shared review. I found how to load games from my user info but not directly from a finished game.

Post #184 Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:19 am 
Lives with ko

yoyoma wrote:
Is there a way to start a review right after you finish a game? I can make local changes but not a shared review. I found how to load games from my user info but not directly from a finished game.

For this moment you can't do it, i will implement such function in one of the nearest versions.

Post #185 Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:28 am 
Lives with ko

Hey, guys.
I didn't forgot about GoUniverse, as you may fought ;-)

A new version already done, i'm waiting for the moment when Shubert will fix this bug https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kgs-client-coding/mH7YPxWFbSQ.

In a new version you will see:
1. You will be able to edit your info.
2. Buddy/censor/fun lists in your own info window.
3. New sort mode in a list of games.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 2 people: DiceSpin, Kirby

Post #186 Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:52 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 110
Was liked: 155
GD Posts: 1190
KGS: apetresc
IGS: apetresc
OGS: apetresc
Universal go server handle: apetresc
Looks like wms has just released a new version of the JSON adapter which is hosted on KGS itself, so the shared ban problem went away. Great news for GoUniverse :)

This post by apetresc was liked by 6 people: ez4u, fireproof, Go_Japan, KOCMOHABT, Monadology, Nyanjilla

Post #187 Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 295
Was liked: 64
IGS: 4k
Universal go server handle: BlindGroup
Just tried this client for the first time and love it. Thanks for all the work!

This post by BlindGroup was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #188 Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:40 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
Awesome!

By the way, is there still a plan for getting GoUniverse to work on mobile devices?

This post by Kirby was liked by: KOCMOHABT

Post #189 Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:59 pm 
Lives with ko

Kirby wrote:
Awesome!

By the way, is there still a plan for getting GoUniverse to work on mobile devices?

I have such plans, but there is a lot of work to do for a normal version.

Last edited by KOCMOHABT on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #190 Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:26 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
apetresc wrote:
Looks like wms has just released a new version of the JSON adapter which is hosted on KGS itself, so the shared ban problem went away. Great news for GoUniverse :)

What is the situation now? Is GoUniverse ready now to use the new version of the JSON adapter? Can we just run it now?

Post #191 Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:13 am 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
apetresc wrote:

What is the situation now? Is GoUniverse ready now to use the new version of the JSON adapter? Can we just run it now?

Current version works with an old JSON-translator hosted on metakgs. You should wait a couple of days for a new version, wich will be working with a JSON-translator from kgs.com. As soon as we will fix several issues i will release a new version, this won't take too long time, trust me.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 3 people: ez4u, jeromie, Kirby

Post #192 Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:52 am 
Honinbo

Not sure if I'm of the popular opinion here, but one thing that I like about CGoban is that, after timing out, the deactivated window remains. So if someone was chatting with me in private message or through one of the chat rooms, I can still read the text of what was written before closing out the window. With GoUniverse, after timing out, I'm brought back to the login screen. In some cases this is convenient, but I'm not given the opportunity to read the text from the chat windows that occurred prior to being timed out.

I'd slightly prefer for the chat windows to remain, but be deactivated like in CGoban, with an option to return to the login screen.

It's not a big deal, though, and it's not immediately clear to me of a way to make this look clean and professional.

Post #193 Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:31 pm 
Lives with ko

Kirby wrote:
Not sure if I'm of the popular opinion here, but one thing that I like about CGoban is that, after timing out, the deactivated window remains. So if someone was chatting with me in private message or through one of the chat rooms, I can still read the text of what was written before closing out the window. With GoUniverse, after timing out, I'm brought back to the login screen. In some cases this is convenient, but I'm not given the opportunity to read the text from the chat windows that occurred prior to being timed out.

I'd slightly prefer for the chat windows to remain, but be deactivated like in CGoban, with an option to return to the login screen.

It's not a big deal, though, and it's not immediately clear to me of a way to make this look clean and professional.

I see several different solutions here:

1. Like in original client. If you were log out, then you won't brought back to login screen. You will see a message about logging out and all other stuff will be disabled, but you will be able to read chat messages. To get back to login screen you will have to press Exit button.
2. I can store all of the messages of all of the chats, so after relogging you will see all saved chats messages including private channels. Perhaps in this case it is needed to add a special message to all chat channels about time when you were dropped from the server.
3. You were logged out and you were brought back to login screen like now, but you have a special button in this case to return to variant №1. I mean, after clicking on this button you will return to a disabled client, but you will be able to see all of the chat messages.
4. You were logged out and you were brought back to login screen like now, but you have a special check box. To save or not to save all of your chat messages after relogging (same as variant №2, but you have choice here to clear all chats or not to clear).

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by 2 people: Kirby, yoyoma

Post #194 Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 pm 
Honinbo

KOCMOHABT wrote:
Kirby wrote:

I see several different solutions here:

1. Like in original client. If you were log out, then you won't brought back to login screen. You will see a message about logging out and all other stuff will be disabled, but you will be able to read chat messages. To get back to login screen you will have to press Exit button.
2. I can store all of the messages of all of the chats, so after relogging you will see all saved chats messages including private channels. Perhaps in this case it is needed to add a special message to all chat channels about time when you were dropped from the server.
3. You were logged out and you were brought back to login screen like now, but you have a special button in this case to return to variant №1. I mean, after clicking on this button you will return to a disabled client, but you will be able to see all of the chat messages.
4. You were logged out and you were brought back to login screen like now, but you have a special check box. To save or not to save all of your chat messages after relogging (same as variant №2, but you have choice here to clear all chats or not to clear).

Any of the above. I like them all :tmbup:

Post #195 Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 am 
Honinbo

Another thing I noticed while using the client:

* I post a challenge, with the intention of playing an even game having nigiri.
* Opponent requests match from challenge, but due to rank difference, a handicap is set.
* As the challenger, I want to change the settings back to an even game with nigiri against the opponent, despite the rank difference. I'm able to change the handicap stones, but I cannot change back to nigiri where the stone color assignment is random - maybe due to the rank difference.

Post #196 Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:25 pm 
Lives with ko

Kirby wrote:
Another thing I noticed while using the client:

* I post a challenge, with the intention of playing an even game having nigiri.
* Opponent requests match from challenge, but due to rank difference, a handicap is set.
* As the challenger, I want to change the settings back to an even game with nigiri against the opponent, despite the rank difference. I'm able to change the handicap stones, but I cannot change back to nigiri where the stone color assignment is random - maybe due to the rank difference.

Try to click on black/white stone in the challenge window, you will see the magic. :D

Post #197 Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:05 pm 
Honinbo

KOCMOHABT wrote:

Try to click on black/white stone in the challenge window, you will see the magic. :D

The black/white stone shows this, but the handicap is set back.

I just tested with an example. I set up a challenge, and an opponent where the default handicap should be 3 challenged.

I changed the handicap back to 0. Now, when I click the black/white stone again, I can get the "nigiri" option back, but the handicap is set back to 3 in the window.

Maybe it's just that the dialog shows the number 3, and it would actually be an even game.

I was afraid to test it out, though, because I didn't want to play a handicap game.

Here's a screenshot (and no, KGS admins, I'm not playing myself. I'm just looking at the dialog window here):

Post #198 Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:27 pm 
Lives with ko

Kirby wrote:
KOCMOHABT wrote:

Maybe it's just that the dialog shows the number 3, and it would actually be an even game.

It's a bug. I will fix it in a new version. Thank you.

This post by KOCMOHABT was liked by: Kirby

Post #199 Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 201
Was liked: 333
GD Posts: 428
Kirby wrote:
Here's a screenshot (and no, KGS admins, I'm not playing myself. I'm just looking at the dialog window here):

It's a free game, go ahead and play yourself ;-)

Post #200 Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:02 am 
Honinbo

Mef wrote:
Kirby wrote:

It's a free game, go ahead and play yourself ;-)

Ah, I've been deranked for just chatting about talking about playing a game (which was also free) and then resigning against my wife. I got my rank back by emailing the admins, but it was a bit of a hassle.

Maybe that won't happen here, but just want to clarify before any drastic action is taken :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next