It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seattle Go Center
Post #1 Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:41 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 63
Was liked: 18
Hello,

Here are the weekly announcements that I would have been reading Tuesday evening at the Go Center, if we were gathering at the Go Center (which we're not, thanks to the COVID-19 emergency measures).

Good evening, Seattle Go Center players and co. With the authority vested in my by virtue of my position as Programs Manager, I observe that it is time for the weekly reading of the announcements.

Pretty much all of our public face-to-face events are canceled for the rest of March, thanks to that stupid ___ virus. Our outreach events in April at Sakura-Con and Cherry Blossom Festival are still on the calendar, but unless things go surprisingly well with the effort to slow down the coronavirus, I expect those also may be postponed or canceled.

We will reassess at the end of March and make further announcements then. In the meantime, our thoughts are with the victims and their families, and we ask everyone to wash their hands etc.

Show of hands -- who wants pizza? $3 a slice, and to order, we need at least five slices claimed.
Pizza, going once... going twice...
Seeing no hands raised, we'll not be ordering pizza. Thanks for your attention, and please enjoy your games.

I forgot to mention -- the National Go Center is working on an east coast vs. west coast league. If you want to sign up to defend the honor of the west coast, there'll be a sign-up form on our website soon.

This post by SeattleGo was liked by: Dusk Eagle