It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alternative stone placement sound file.
Post #1 Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Recently I've decided to play on WBaduk and one thing I've found a little annoying to my ears is the sound of when you put down a stone, a bit piercing. I've tried looking around for a .wav file that could replace the default, to no avail. And since I don't know how to extract the sound file from KGS or Tygem, both of which I'm fine with, I decided to go with the next best alternative. I opened up Hikaru no Go, found an episode where a stone is placed with no background music (this took a lot longer than expected), extracted the sound clip, converted, etc. etc., until I finally got a .wav file of the sound effect. You can find it here; changing the sound effect is simple, just go to the WBaduk file under Program Files and look for the 'badukx.wav' files'. Back them up somewhere if you want, and then replace them with the new badukx.wav file. I just replaced all of the 'badukx.wav', 'badukx1.wav', 'badukx2.wav', etc.. Of course, if you don't like it, reverting back the change is just as easy to do. Just thought I'd share.

Post subject: Re: Alternative stone placement sound file.
Post #2 Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:08 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
Helel wrote:
Araban wrote:
I opened up Hikaru no Go, found an episode where a stone is placed with no background music (this took a lot longer than expected), extracted the sound clip, converted, etc. etc., until I finally got a .wav file of the sound effect.

The perfectionist strikes again! :D

By the way, are you definitely sure you don't break any copyright by using their sound this way? As Mark Twain said: "Only one thing is impossible for God: to find any sense in any copyright law on the planet". :twisted:

Personally I use the stone sound provided by MultiGo.
Hmm...actually to be honest I'm not 100% sure. Just to be safe though, I'll remove the sound file after all.

Post #3 Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:17 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 14
Was liked: 3
Helel wrote:
By the way, are you definitely sure you don't break any copyright by using their sound this way? As Mark Twain said: "Only one thing is impossible for God: to find any sense in any copyright law on the planet". :twisted:

Personally I use the stone sound provided by MultiGo.

I think that for personal use it's OK. Else we would have big problems with anime avatars etc. (And it would be problem if he would be using sound from commercial software. (Although that depends on EULA of that program)

Post #4 Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 10
I defeated the stupid "countdown" voice that way... if there is another way to do that, I do not know what it is... it talks now only like at 20, 10 and then 3 2 1... :D

_-_-bearzbear