It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wbaduk java client
Post #1 Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:44 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 28
Was liked: 22
KGS: Tofu
Has anyone tried to use World Baduk's java client? I'm having some difficulties with it in Ubuntu 11.04. The client opens, but it never connects to a server after I log in. No error message, no explanation, the client opens and nothing else happens.

Post subject: Re: Wbaduk java client
Post #2 Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:37 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
Dumb question, but I couldn't even find it. Where is it? Do you have a direct link to .jnlp or .jar?

Post #3 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:35 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 14
Was liked: 3
oren wrote:
Dumb question, but I couldn't even find it. Where is it? Do you have a direct link to .jnlp or .jar?

Click on PLAY NOW! button on the main page.

Tofu wrote:
Has anyone tried to use World Baduk's java client? I'm having some difficulties with it in Ubuntu 11.04. The client opens, but it never connects to a server after I log in. No error message, no explanation, the client opens and nothing else happens.

I don't have problem with connecting itself, but clicking on Server button to switch server hangs the client for few minutes. Then there's problem with not saving winning/losing count. Also there is minor glitch in Currently playing games, but nothing serious.
And the sound doesn't work for me, but that could be Java/Linux issue...

Post #4 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 92
Was liked: 80
KGS: LocoRon
Tofu wrote:

I finally (as of last night) finally got my new Linux pc working. I am about to head to school now, and so I've not tried the webstart client yet, but briefly starting it up and logging. A couple thoughts: You might not to click the re-join button (located near the middle of right column); at least, I had to do that frequently with the Windows client. As someone else mentioned, it could be a java issue; if you just have the default java Ubuntu installs (inflicts), I'd say that's almost definitely a problem (although, if you can use KGS or other java clients fine, maybe not?)

Meh. Anyway, I can try to help some more later (if you don't get it sorted out in the meantime). :)

Post #5 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:12 pm 
Dies with sente

Today I'm logging on without a problem. :tmbup: About to play a game :geek:

Result: ESCAPER, :mad:

Post #6 Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:02 pm 
Dies with sente

After playing a couple of games I have to say the client isn't really ready for prime time. I had trouble resigning a game. Hit the resign button and nothing happened. Had trouble ending the counting phase. Also did not have all the usual options when starting a game (such as to disable pre-play). I think it really needs a few updates before it's going to be a viable client for everyday use.

Post #7 Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 96
Was liked: 100
Is this still working or has it been taken down.

When I click on the Play Now button on Wbaduk's home page it is just linking to a download of the main client .exe.

If anyone is currently playing on Wbaduk using the Java client I would appreciate hearing about it, as I can't get the client to work properly through a wine install.

Post #8 Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 702
Was liked: 288
KGS: greendemon
Tygem: greendemon
DGS: smaragdaemon
OGS: emeraldemon
It works ok for me on Mac OS X. It doesn't seem great, but I can't tell if that's just the OS X client. I've only played 1 game on it, I'm not usually awake the same time as the Koreans I guess.

Post #9 Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:55 pm 
Lives in gote

emeraldemon wrote:
It works ok for me on Mac OS X. It doesn't seem great, but I can't tell if that's just the OS X client. I've only played 1 game on it, I'm not usually awake the same time as the Koreans I guess.

You mean the java client is working?

Do you click the giant "Play Now" button on www.wbaduk.com to play, because that asks me to download an executable - not the java version, apparently.

Post #10 Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 702
Was liked: 288
KGS: greendemon
Tygem: greendemon
DGS: smaragdaemon
OGS: emeraldemon
cdybeijing wrote:
emeraldemon wrote:

Do you click the giant "Play Now" button on http://www.wbaduk.com to play, because that asks me to download an executable - not the java version, apparently.

Yes, I click the big "Play Now" button. It launches a java applet for me.

Post #11 Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 am 
Lives in gote

emeraldemon wrote:
cdybeijing wrote:
emeraldemon wrote:

Do you click the giant "Play Now" button on http://www.wbaduk.com to play, because that asks me to download an executable - not the java version, apparently.

Yes, I click the big "Play Now" button. It launches a java applet for me.

Well, just to follow up on this it turns out that the applet works for me now that I have installed Oracle Java. I was previously using Open JRE and Iced Tea and it did not load.