It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Go Site, BitcoinGo.io -- Play Go. Win Bitcoins
Post #1 Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
Hi Everyone,

BitcoinGo.io is a new website running Go tournaments and awarding prizes in Bitcoins. We will be running a series of free tournaments over the next few weeks so please check us out and let us know what you think!

Our first tournament is running now and ends Monday 5:00:00 GMT, it's free to enter and the prize pool is 0.06btc which is ~$50 USD at current exchange rates.

We're actively developing the site and are seeking feedback from the go community. Feel free to ask questions here, email at info@bitcoingo.io or on the site: https://bitcoingo.io

Steven

Post subject: Re: New Go Site, BitcoinGo.io -- Play Go. Win Bitcoins
Post #2 Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:48 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 54
Was liked: 216
I played a some games on this server today (id=killerducky). The site is new so it just has the minimum functionality, but I had no problem playing all my games. I'm really excited to get my hands on my first bitcoins too! They have a payout structure where everyone who wins at least one game in the self-paired tournament gets some of the prize pool.

If you're interested in getting games against stronger players, now is a great time to get in there. YellowBell (KGS 6d) is playing a bunch of games there.

Here is some info from their about page about the tournament point system:
Quote:
Tournaments are week to week, beginning and ending each Saturday 00:00:00 UTC
Players are awarded points every victory. The points are awarded by taking a base two log of the victor's points minus the loser's points.
Code:
points_awarded = max(1,log2(loser_points - victor_points))
There is a minimum of one point awarded for each victory and it is impossible to lose points.
At the end of each tournament the pot is awarded according to the following formula:
Code:
player_payout = (player_points ÷ total_points) × tournament_pot
(total_points is the sum of all points earned by all players in the tournament).

Post #3 Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 am 
Oza

Liked others: 237
Was liked: 662
GD Posts: 4312
Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
yoyoma wrote:
Quote:
Players are awarded points every victory. The points are awarded by taking a base two log of the victor's points minus the loser's points.
There is a minimum of one point awarded for each victory and it is impossible to lose points.
At the end of each tournament the pot is awarded according to the following formula:
Code:
(total_points is the sum of all points earned by all players in the tournament).

If I lose to someone with more points than I then this results in the log of a negative number - an impossibility. So that formula does not work.

Also, I tried to register an account and nothing happened. The screen just sat there doing nothing.

Post #4 Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 1
Hi DrStraw,

losing results in no point loss.

Can you share what browser/OS you are using (and, just to be sure, did you try the 'register' button?). We've had a few issues with devices (Nexus 7 for example), and are working on ensuring the site is compatible with as many devices as possible.

DrStraw wrote:
yoyoma wrote:
Quote:
Code:

If I lose to someone with more points than I then this results in the log of a negative number - an impossibility. So that formula does not work.

Also, I tried to register an account and nothing happened. The screen just sat there doing nothing.

Post #5 Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 180
Was liked: 151
GD Posts: 422
KGS: komi
The site seems to be very unstable at the moment. Using latest firefox and Chrome, latest versions, and IE 11, I get the same behaviour, which is
constant downloading something from platform.twitter.com and bitcoingo.com, this is multiple times per second. I keep seeing "Waiting for platform.twitter.com..." flashing on and off.
Pressing the register button does bring up the register dialog, but as soon as I press ANY button, the dialog closes, returning me to the home screen.

Post #6 Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:25 am 
Oza

Online playing schedule: Every tenth February 29th from 20:00-20:01 (if time permits)
BitcoinGo wrote:
Hi DrStraw,

losing results in no point loss.

Can you share what browser/OS you are using (and, just to be sure, did you try the 'register' button?). We've had a few issues with devices (Nexus 7 for example), and are working on ensuring the site is compatible with as many devices as possible.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium O/S and use Opera as my browser. And yes, I did try the register button.

Post #7 Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:18 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
KGS: salerno
Works perfect for me. I like the style, with some development it can become an interesting server.

Post #8 Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 111
Was liked: 315
i had a quick tryout of the site, couldn't play on the first line without adjusting the browser size :)

Post #9 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:07 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
KGS: 6D
Tygem: 7D
Javaness2 wrote:
i had a quick tryout of the site, couldn't play on the first line without adjusting the browser size :)

Hello! this is a bug currently for the chrome version! this will get fixed soon :) Thanks

Post #10 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:54 am 
Oza

I hope you are not based in Russia.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/07/ ... s-bitcoin/

BTW, apparently it works in Firefox, but not Opera. So I was able to get in. But the interface is far from intuitive.

Post #11 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:31 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 3
Tygem: LuckyJim5
Universal go server handle: LuckyJim
On this site, if I click one of my bookmarks to go to another site, I am redirected to this site's homepage. So I have to open a new tab or close the browser to go to another site. Using Firefox on Windows Vista.

Post #12 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:52 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 180
Was liked: 151
GD Posts: 422
KGS: komi
quantumf wrote:
The site seems to be very unstable at the moment. Using latest firefox and Chrome, latest versions, and IE 11, I get the same behaviour, which is
constant downloading something from platform.twitter.com and bitcoingo.com, this is multiple times per second. I keep seeing "Waiting for platform.twitter.com..." flashing on and off.
Pressing the register button does bring up the register dialog, but as soon as I press ANY button, the dialog closes, returning me to the home screen.

This may have been related to my work firewall. At home, all is fine.

Post #13 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:59 am 
Beginner

DrStraw wrote:
I hope you are not based in Russia.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/02/07/ ... s-bitcoin/

BTW, apparently it works in Firefox, but not Opera. So I was able to get in. But the interface is far from intuitive.

Hmm... thats strange wonder why it was not working for firefox and bitcoingo is based in U.S great that you got in though!

Edit: ah forgot to mention! I beleive the interface is planned to change currently working on teaching tools first.

Last edited by BCGSSupporter on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #14 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:03 am 
Beginner

quantumf wrote:
quantumf wrote:

This may have been related to my work firewall. At home, all is fine.

Great! glad you were able to get on was having a hard time figuring your problem out...

Post #15 Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:46 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 39
GD Posts: 25
OGS: phillip1882
i see the two factor option, but its not accepting my bit coin address,
how do i enter in my receiving address?
edit: also i believe you want the formula to be
points = max(log2 max(my points - opponent points,1),0)
also you'll need some way of handling resigns in a fair and balanced way.
that will be a tough task.

Post #16 Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 28
Was liked: 12
GD Posts: 42
KGS: Nikolas73
DGS: Nikolas73
Is this still being worked on? Seems rather empty.